Windows 10 limiting my internet speed?

Anonymous
2020-09-28T22:02:37+00:00

I have a PC running windows 10, all of the latest updates have been installed and drivers are up to date and it is connected to a ethernet cable for internet. I have a gigabit ethernet service. When I run an internet speed test I get somewhere between 14 -40 Megabits/sec download and 15-30 Megabits/sec upload (on a good day). When I connect my laptop to the same ethernet cable my download speed is between 650 and 750 Megabits/sec and my upload is closer to 50 Megabits/sec. I have tried many suggestions online such as turning off automatic updates, and removing the reserve bandwidth for updates. changing the network adaptor settings to force gigabit speed rather than auto assign. I have even tried installing a new gigabit network card to see if it was a motherboard issue and no luck. I cant seem to find anything online to help me resolve this issue. Please help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-05-04T10:45:03+00:00

Hello,

I had same issue. It was solved for me via following command in cmd. Previous value was disabled.

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-09T18:32:36+00:00

    I have the exact same issue.

    Sometimes my ethernet is at 300 Mbps, sometimes it's caped at 10Mpbs. I have multiple computers connected to the same router. But only one computer has the issue. Tried reinstalling windows 10. Did not help. I swapped and even changed my cat6 cables, did not changed.

    Best solution I found was to unplug and replug the cat6 cable on my computer.

    At this point I'm pretty sure it's an hardware failure of my motherboard or so bad driver from Killer Control. First driver of Killer Control  on my computer would give me blue screens when I was downloading, they had a memory leak, so RAM would fill up and crash your windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T01:22:00+00:00

    How do I reverse this action:

    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

    Thanks!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-03T09:54:59+00:00

    I think it’s not because of windows 10 that you are getting slow speed. Maybe the reason behind all of your problems is the slow speed of your internet or because of your wifi router. Maybe you are not getting the same speed as the internet as your internet service provider has promised you. You can visit this website allspeedtest to perform the internet speed test. It will definitely help you to know what speed of the internet you are getting. You can easily find out the actual problem this way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-24T11:59:06+00:00

    No. My window 10 is running well. I have good internet speed. Maybe your ISP have slow speed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments