You're welcome.
Exclude an exe from superfetch/prefetch
Hi!
As I know it prefetch/superfetch creates .pf files for all executables that were previously runned.
As such I don't want windows to make a specific executable's .pf file through prefetch because I don't want to disable prefetch entirely for this.
Any help would be gratefull.Including registry edits if an entry could be successfully made that excludes the exe.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2020-09-06T00:22:06+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-09-06T00:31:01+00:00 😂 Nice talking to you William!And take care!
-
Anonymous
2020-09-07T10:43:59+00:00 Hey William dont get me wrong I thought u wanted to be funny by just saying "ur welcome",I apologize if my message seem akward.
Also is there a crash ignorer software too that ignores crashes of an executible and thus no post is made in Windows Diagnostic cuz it is piling up too much now.
-
Anonymous
2020-09-07T20:19:50+00:00 If I recall, we had initially enabled user-mode dumps early on for troubleshooting. Even though the game was not crashing in a manner to trigger dump, user-mode dumps enabled will generate crash dumps for any number of processes that raise an exception. You can disable that by deleting LocalDumps key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting and restarting the computer.
However, I am not sure we are talking about the same thing. When you say Windows Diagnostic, what specifically do you mean by "piling up"?
-
Anonymous
2020-09-08T13:11:21+00:00 When u goto my computer right click properties then System window opens up.Then on left hand side below U see Security And Maintenance,clicking on it will give u Security and Maintenance tab
Click on Maintenance then click View Reliablity History ,which in my pc
Shows Appcrashes of DarkSoulsIII.exe each time it got closed.
(No. Of appcrash Reports increases everytime I close tge game)
It was Through here that I first found out that my game was actually crashing everytime I close my game since 2018.(And I already told u I have updated even clean installed my PC several times till 2020)
I already took care of the Regedit.Deleted the registry beforehand mate.
[If u want to know how the game is working on My Pc,It works very well with just few stutters due to HDD I think.Plays perfectly with no crash **Until I finally take rest and close the Game.Then Kaboom happens...**game crashes.]
I have also found this happening on other games too.
Games include L.A. Noire(crash never happened in Win 7),Dishonoured 2, in win 10.
Crash somewhat got fixed in Dishonoured 2 when I tried Borderless Window option.
(I also want to tell u that I tried Borderless Gaming app to force DS3 to make it borderless but alas it still crashed)
{Another thing,I am hearing this so much I think I should discuss and clarify this with u too
People are saying to disable
"Windows Event Log"
"Windows Event Collector"
And Windows Error Reporting to increase performance and reduce any hitching freezing in games
Now I want ur independent view on this(I know U came straight from Microsoft,and even I am asking inside this very hub to get answers.But I don't want u to acknowledge this fact for now)
Independent in the sense that Is it actually benefical even in the slightest of it all?Plus I am no techie so I really dont use windows log to check anything neither I see any problematic crashes in my system cuz my PC is well updated till May(yeah I will update it to 2004 but I have heard it has some issues so...)
So what would be ur opinion regarding this?}