Downloaded,placed procdump,then I have cmd run as admin but then when I place ur lines it says procdump is not recognized as internal external command
Exclude an exe from superfetch/prefetch
Hi!
As I know it prefetch/superfetch creates .pf files for all executables that were previously runned.
As such I don't want windows to make a specific executable's .pf file through prefetch because I don't want to disable prefetch entirely for this.
Any help would be gratefull.Including registry edits if an entry could be successfully made that excludes the exe.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2020-09-05T18:22:46+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-09-05T18:24:26+00:00 You need to run the command from the same folder that procdump lives in, i.e. in cmd make sure you are in C:\Procdump (or wherever you saved procdump to).
-
Anonymous
2020-09-05T18:33:14+00:00 Tried the cd C:\ProcDump to specify path in cmd.
Just did it ran procdump like u said it ran as It should,it said it is waiting for the application but when I launched the game, the game opens and then closes unexpectedly
with error message.
Then I tried removing admin privilege of games exe this time it opens and closes unexpectedly without error
Tried to run with command procdump64 but still same.
Game is not launching like it should when procdump is running in background
Dig little deeper now game as soon as it launches gives me black screen and then dmp file is created with size of 5 GB
I am sending u this but I doubt this will be helpfull cuz the original crash that I encountered was not this.I got crash often when I close my game.This crash happened as soon as I opened my game with complete black screen
-
Anonymous
2020-09-05T19:46:38+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-09-05T21:14:18+00:00 It means the game is hitting a non-critical exception at launch. Normally, it can continue but because procdump is monitoring for any exceptions it halts the process to dump it out. Do this instead, launch the game first, get to the point before it crashes, Alt-Tab to desktop, enter this command:
procdump -e -mm DarkSoulsIII.exe> go back into the game > reproduce the issue. The dump should be smaller in this case since we are using minidump only.