Exclude an exe from superfetch/prefetch

Anonymous
2020-09-02T19:08:46+00:00

Hi!

As I know it prefetch/superfetch creates .pf files for all executables that were previously runned.

As such I don't want windows to make a specific executable's .pf file through prefetch because I don't want to disable  prefetch entirely for this.

Any help would be gratefull.Including registry edits if an entry could be successfully made that excludes the exe.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-08T15:36:45+00:00

    Event Viewer, its related services, and WER have small footprint. They would not really be contributing to performance issues. I would not pay that any attention, the internet is chock-full-O PC performance myths.

    Stuttering is sometimes attributed to how the system handles deferred procedure calls. You can change the system timer to mitigate this issue and see if it improves performance. Some of this may be annecdotal and I cant tell yu if it will fix performance, but read here(under solution 3): https://thegeekpage.com/high-dpc-latency-on-win...

    &

    https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/c77w...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-08T17:33:15+00:00

    😅

    Thanks but I've already done that.

    I use TimerResolution too,it shows 4.880 when I activate it.

    But I am unable to use this exe in the ds3 game fearing of crashes happening when closing caused by maybe due to background apps....which are already disabled?...ummm I honestly don't know.

    ****,I dont think I have any options left other than knowing more about how fullscreen works or how "Enable Peek" works in Windows Advanced settings.(Ugh this ds3 game is killing me)

    It was once that in Win 7 when I disabled peek;all videos, games,file movements showed tearing on screen.

    Game like Hitman Absolution,Rise of Tomb Raider,back in the day got infinite loading due to this.In game vsync wasnt functioning either,maybe because game was set to borderless?When enabled peek this got fixed.

    And what is Fullscreen optimisation?Why this thing gives crashes to Deus Ex Mankind divided(another game)After finding out crashes happening because of This I am since disabling it from all games I have.(Side note-Dont think I am planning to give u another Problem I just want to know about it to fix my DS3 which is the "main executable" or "main game" or main problem here

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-08T17:39:24+00:00

    I am ignorant in the gaming dept. Never have time. My kids do it all day but they never have issues with their systems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-08T17:55:40+00:00

    Actually was fond of games back in my days.Now it feels like a hazzle just to make em run properly.Not all of em do this but some are likely to be unfixable "even if one tries to rip off Earth into two halves just to find the heat problem beneath" or shake a mountain to find answers kind of thing.

    I also cant get any personal time in my life.The only time I am getting is right now typing my sad problems to u which I have no answers for.

    And thus I m done with this nightmare!I want to be bald tomorrow man my head hurts fiddling with stuff like this I dunno why I am still putting my brains into this!Will delete this game asap.

    And thanks again mate for ur humble support.

    Stay safe mate!And if ur kids are perchance playing Dark Souls III be sure to give me some views on how they got it working!Bye now!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-08T19:08:01+00:00

    Thanks, take care.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments