thanks good to know appreciate your response will give it a go but first need to get the game
MS Flight Simulator (2020)
Hello,
I have just purchased MS Flight Sim (2020) and can't seem to set up my Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 controller for it.
It detects the controller but I'm unable to select a control binding and press a button on the joystick to assign it.
Is there a way to make this work?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2020-08-22T06:44:28+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-08-20T18:28:45+00:00 Hey thanks for that lol. I'll give it a shot DW_1984. You don't need to go around, you're cleared to land :)
-
Anonymous
2020-08-20T15:01:23+00:00 Fantastic!!! that worked perfectly!!!
-
Anonymous
2020-08-20T14:46:32+00:00 Works fine for me aswell with the roll. I put a 25% deadzone and took down sensitivity to -10% on all axis exept X! Made it easier to control the aircraft more smoothly :)
-
Anonymous
2020-08-20T14:34:32+00:00 The roll (ailerons) is smooth on mine. The game's response to the joystick's movement is pretty sensitive so I use a light touch. I also have to be careful not to twist the joystick while I'm turning which is easy to do as that will cause the rudders to move. I did not adjust any of the sensitivity settings or dead zones. Below is a screen shot of those settings. When I move any of the axes they move smoothly on the diagonal line and each 'left / right', 'forward / back', 'twist left / twist right' moves the horizontal bar 1/2 way left or right from center which is also smooth.
Note: Make sure your movements are tied to the correct axis setting. I had to play with this for a while until I got it right as there are so many axis settings. The ones I listed are the ones that are working for me.