MS Flight Simulator (2020)

Anonymous
2020-08-18T18:20:54+00:00

Hello,

I have just purchased MS Flight Sim (2020) and can't seem to set up my Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 controller for it.

It detects the controller but I'm unable to select a control binding and press a button on the joystick to assign it.

Is there a way to make this work?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-01T19:20:54+00:00

    I cannot thank you enough, you saved me so much time in getting my Sidewinder Joystick up and running, so that I could get on and enjoy my fist flight in this new MFS.

    I will experiment a little more later to try and set up moving around the external view of the aircraft using the hat switch.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-01T02:56:33+00:00

    Hey guys I want to uninstall and install on my ssd hopefully it will be quicker. Is there a way to bring over the joystick controls ? I dont feel like setting everything up again , is there a file that needs to be saved and replaced at a particular location?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-28T13:04:24+00:00

    There's a myriad of control options and they can be confusing. I was going through the same thing you are - also with the rudder. Make sure you assign any controller piece that moves to a control option that says Axis. Sliders (Throttle) and the joystick movement - left, right, forward and back - as well as the twist for rudder move on an axix, hence the control names to select. Other controllers that are switches work with buttons and the hat switch.  In other words, assigning the rudder control that doesn't say axis will just give you full-on left or right - nothing in the middle. There are some great videos on youtube. This one gave me the info on the Axis-based controller assignments - and I have a Sidewinder, too.  : )  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxY510tvIuA&t=270s

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-28T01:04:00+00:00

    I'm getting force feedback but can't roll or pitch smoothly

    My question is how did you get the joystick to accept the commands let me know how you did this thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-28T01:03:08+00:00

    Do you have feedback with this joystick?

    yes it’s an original Microsoft sidewinder force feedback proWhich I’ve modified for USB

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments