MS Flight Simulator (2020)

Anonymous
2020-08-18T18:20:54+00:00

Hello,

I have just purchased MS Flight Sim (2020) and can't seem to set up my Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 controller for it.

It detects the controller but I'm unable to select a control binding and press a button on the joystick to assign it.

Is there a way to make this work?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-21T09:04:00+00:00

    Morning again All,

    just to clarify my previous post, I think using Google led me to a utube video. It is a good start and gets you flying.

    Malcolm Purvis

    post us the link on you tube

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-21T08:57:02+00:00

    Morning again All,

    just to clarify my previous post, I think using Google led me to a utube video. It is a good start and gets you flying.

    Malcolm Purvis

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-21T08:49:47+00:00

    Morning All,

    It was suggested that I 'Googled' the question of getting my Microsoft Sidewinder 2 joystick to work in FS 2020. I did and there is a  good video describing how to set it up.

    This is a long process involving setting up, validating and saving each control axis individually. This probably applies to all of the buttons as well, I haven't done that yet.

    I have got the stick working but full left stick causes an oscillation which I can't explain. I  don't understand why a Microsoft product (in name anyway) has so many problems with its setup.

    Malcolm Purvis

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-20T01:12:05+00:00

    can u send the profiles to my email addy so I can try them out

    thank you

    Marshall

    ******@yahoo.com

    again thx

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-19T19:15:07+00:00

    Yes, I have saved 3 controller setup profiles, two of which were prior to the 9-17 patch. The first two have sensitivity and dead zone adjustments which provided dampening of the twerks. The second and third profiles apply a suggestion to assign the x, y, and z axis to both the left and right assignment boxes.  I haven't found that to provide a noticeable improvement. I seems the larger and faster planes suffer the most, which is counter to physics, for example, the cubs have the most realistic flight characteristics.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments