MS Flight Simulator (2020)

Anonymous
2020-08-18T18:20:54+00:00

Hello,

I have just purchased MS Flight Sim (2020) and can't seem to set up my Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 controller for it.

It detects the controller but I'm unable to select a control binding and press a button on the joystick to assign it.

Is there a way to make this work?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-19T16:41:56+00:00

    I just installed the program so the latest patch got installed at the same time.  You indicated that the Sensitivity Adjustment disappeared after installing the patch.  So were you able to adjust the dead zones before you installed the patch?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-19T15:26:36+00:00

    I'm also not happy with the flight characteristics in MS Flight Simulator 2020 with my MS sidewinder force feedback 2 joystick. Planes oscillate about 8 degrees back and forth through center on the horizontal axis, some worse than others. I've tried making sensitivity and dead zone adjustments, and other suggestions found on the forums with some improvement, but flying continues to be very pitchy, even in calm air.  

    The program update and patch installed September 17  listed reduction of horizontal turbulence, which gave me hope until trying a flight. The oscillating roll remains, but isn't too bad with the cubs.  The patch also removed the sensitivity adjustment feature.  I'm getting seasick trying to fly this program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-19T14:26:32+00:00

    Options>Control>Highlight Controller

    Left side FILTER switch Assigned>Essential>ALL

    From the long list highlight the control in LEFT column. In the settings window click on to search (top option) Press the key/ Axis/Slider that you want to assign and VALIDATE. Do this for all other keys/assignments.

    Press SENSITIVITY and set sensitivity for all axes.

    APPLY F11 on Exit.

    If your Controller is like mine was when you programme a FREEFLIGHT and the joystick doesn't respond but the plane takes off anyway... Go to the Toolbar at the top of the screen, select the Pilot's Cap AI CONTROL and scroll down to CONTROL AIRCRAFT and SWITCH OFF.

    That should do it. Hope it works for you.

    Regards,

    William

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-19T14:02:49+00:00

    My buttons and controls on my MS Sidewinder Precision Pro are all mapped but nothing shows up when I select the Sensitivity option.  It only has the "Done" button.  I definitely need to fine tune all three axes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-19T13:49:10+00:00

    Hello,

    I have just purchased MS Flight Sim (2020) and can't seem to set up my Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 controller for it.

    It detects the controller but I'm unable to select a control binding and press a button on the joystick to assign it.

    Is there a way to make this work?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments