I changed my user account name and now my laptop is unable to boot up.

Anonymous
2020-08-07T09:27:54+00:00

C:\users\susan\

I didn't like my name was incomplete, it was "susan" insted of "susanta" in users folder. So i searched on internet to how to change it.

What I did: Win + r, searched "netplwiz", opened up a window called User Accounts, I select on the the only account(admin account), I click on properties, it opens up a new window allowing me to change my username, I change my username and click apply. But still the folder name is "susan". Then i can't find my account on the users list where I changed it. Then i think restart could solve my problem, But when i restart it won't boot up and can't auto repair.

Please help.please....

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-08T09:35:19+00:00

    Already tried, but no success.

    At the confirm disk tab the status shows "you must enable system protection on this device"

    So i searched on internet and found that using some comand prompt(Rstrui.exe /offline:C:\windows=active) we can perform a system restore. And i did that but ended with an error.

    Details: System Restore failed while restoring the registry from the restore point. An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070002)

    Also tried reset this pc .But that won't work at all, saying "There was a problem resetting your pc".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-08T08:55:12+00:00

    Hi Susan;

    Do the same steps and when you Click "Troubleshoot" then click "Advanced options" finally click the "System Restore", from their you can select the date to revert your computer's state to that of a previous point in time and recover from system malfunctions or other problems.

    Let me know if that works

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-08T05:37:55+00:00

    For further support just download the current file. This file doesn't come with personal support and you will only be able to burn the image. I don't have any sources for USB creating tools right now. And this will provide the same information in the topic with repair functions or not. You can do a fresh install but I don't guarantee licensed transfer.

    https://software-download.microsoft.com/pr/Win10_2004_English_x64.iso?t=c3d2ce6a-080d-46e2-9988-204a38f30daa&e=1596951242&h=1d306981dcd883685f08536b9a777005

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-08T04:57:23+00:00

    I can just suggest reading this article. If you are not sure or don't know the fix. Read the article entirely and try to only apply the fix that applies to your problem the most.

    https://windowsreport.com/corrupt-user-profile-windows-10/#:~:text=Corrupt%20User%20Profile%20in%20Windows%2010%20%5B6%20FIXES,Windows%2010%206%20Run%20an%20in-depth%20antivirus%20scan

    Fix corrupt user profile in Windows 10 in a few easy steps

    I keep forgetting to mention that if you have any recovery media available it's also easy to apply CMD features in that load recovery state. Like here;It requires Pressing Shift + F10(or windows + f10) http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winre/repaircommand/index.htm

    this is just the best index that i can find anyway

    And I know what you are talking about. I hate to learn common CMD mistakes in cases where I break a computer from the common UI. It's not that serious however. There is a reason the Administrator Icons are in place. Right now I am also just required to break computers to get the maintenance routines going. Just don't take that approach to a personal sustainability.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-08T02:44:20+00:00

    My sticky keys no longer work after making many (failed) attempts to try that route first.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments