I changed my user account name and now my laptop is unable to boot up.

Anonymous
2020-08-07T09:27:54+00:00

C:\users\susan\

I didn't like my name was incomplete, it was "susan" insted of "susanta" in users folder. So i searched on internet to how to change it.

What I did: Win + r, searched "netplwiz", opened up a window called User Accounts, I select on the the only account(admin account), I click on properties, it opens up a new window allowing me to change my username, I change my username and click apply. But still the folder name is "susan". Then i can't find my account on the users list where I changed it. Then i think restart could solve my problem, But when i restart it won't boot up and can't auto repair.

Please help.please....

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-09T05:27:50+00:00

    Yes, you are right. I am in WinPE environment command.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-09T05:22:08+00:00

    Have a look at the screenshot. I ran the Registry Editor using command prompt. And in the ProfileList i did not find any users. Tell me a solution if you can? Because firstly i want a simple solution to solve this problem.          

    WOW. Dude. I seen this problem before.

    Right now your files are somewhere in the same registry location but are in a different bucket. They are in some folder labeled TEMP or RECYCLE in the registry.

    It does mean that you will have to migrate the files back to the original location manually.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-09T05:18:50+00:00

    NO. He is most likely in WinPE environment command.

    He looks like he needs more attention.

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/winpe-intro

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-09T05:11:07+00:00

    Hi Susan ;

    If seems you're machine is working fine

    Try to create difference name profile user with admin.

    Log in and remove any profile then create a new profile the name you want it ams log in

    Let me know if you need any assistance

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-09T04:27:30+00:00

    Have a look at the screenshot. I ran the Registry Editor using command prompt. And in the ProfileList i did not find any users. Tell me a solution if you can? Because firstly i want a simple solution to solve this problem. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments