I changed my user account name and now my laptop is unable to boot up.

Anonymous
2020-08-07T09:27:54+00:00

C:\users\susan\

I didn't like my name was incomplete, it was "susan" insted of "susanta" in users folder. So i searched on internet to how to change it.

What I did: Win + r, searched "netplwiz", opened up a window called User Accounts, I select on the the only account(admin account), I click on properties, it opens up a new window allowing me to change my username, I change my username and click apply. But still the folder name is "susan". Then i can't find my account on the users list where I changed it. Then i think restart could solve my problem, But when i restart it won't boot up and can't auto repair.

Please help.please....

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-09T06:51:10+00:00

    Between you and I. I can't take any more of this clowning with keeping me out of the shower without washing my hair. 

    • The Lenovo download website(account required) https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/lenovorecovery?linkTrack=Body:Box:RecoveryMedia
    • The damn EAX Polackas have been roaming about EAX audio for years fix by a simple file rename for (dbghelp_old.dll)
    • And of course the fact that this topic is a discussion in differences. What does Secure Disk have to do with recovery and out of bios settings I don't know. This guy is probably staring at a DAMAGE RANGE LONG DVI port. I know that secure disk will not boot unless you turn it on in the bios.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-09T06:15:14+00:00

    No i did not find anything, except those 3 folders already present in profilelist.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-09T06:14:08+00:00

    I am trying to find the best solution to download Lenovo recovery media without an account. Since I know that you might not have access to the account at all. But, neither do I. I realised I have a task to do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-09T05:44:26+00:00

    Well the Find command does that Ctrl+F, Usually looking for ProfileImagePath; keys, whole string only

    F3 to find next object.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-09T05:36:31+00:00

    Searched....but did not find anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments