I changed my user account name and now my laptop is unable to boot up.

Anonymous
2020-08-07T09:27:54+00:00

C:\users\susan\

I didn't like my name was incomplete, it was "susan" insted of "susanta" in users folder. So i searched on internet to how to change it.

What I did: Win + r, searched "netplwiz", opened up a window called User Accounts, I select on the the only account(admin account), I click on properties, it opens up a new window allowing me to change my username, I change my username and click apply. But still the folder name is "susan". Then i can't find my account on the users list where I changed it. Then i think restart could solve my problem, But when i restart it won't boot up and can't auto repair.

Please help.please....

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-10T03:48:25+00:00

    Well there are two administrator accounts. One could be new. If there are passwords hints. Your only choice is that if this computer does boot up. That is if both the administrators are allowed to male changes to the computer. And please. Delete the accounts in the Control Panel at the most cases. This type of issue is very daunting. This would not happen through the Control Panel. In any case check some of the replies here and in the other forums regarding fresh installs and all. It's not worth the trouble. And you should really find out if that windows is even active. Maybe that's what's causing the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments