I changed my user account name and now my laptop is unable to boot up.

Anonymous
2020-08-07T09:27:54+00:00

C:\users\susan\

I didn't like my name was incomplete, it was "susan" insted of "susanta" in users folder. So i searched on internet to how to change it.

What I did: Win + r, searched "netplwiz", opened up a window called User Accounts, I select on the the only account(admin account), I click on properties, it opens up a new window allowing me to change my username, I change my username and click apply. But still the folder name is "susan". Then i can't find my account on the users list where I changed it. Then i think restart could solve my problem, But when i restart it won't boot up and can't auto repair.

Please help.please....

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-07T16:18:41+00:00

    How can i do this methods, my laptop won't start at all. When i try to start my laptop it says "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart". Automatic repair won't work and restart wont work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-07T10:42:56+00:00

    Build version- Windows 1909

    Only one user account is there(susan).

    I have a Lenovo Laptop and model number is Ideapad 320-15IKB

    I have updated BIOS setting once, which i don't remember (I think Virtualization Technology), which required to run android virtual device(AVD) in android studio.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-07T09:40:05+00:00

    Hi;

    My name is Abdirahman, I am an independent advisor and Windows 10 user. I am happy to help with your request

    Can you provide more information following question below:-

    1 - What is the build version number of Windows 10?

    2 - How many account user is there?

    3 - What's the model of your machine? (PC or Laptop)

    4 - Have you updated BIOS?

    Please reply to me to assists you

    Thank you

    Kind regards

    Abdirahman

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-07T10:52:31+00:00

    you are looking for the settings in the Run.. program systempropertiesadvanced

    user profiles.

    there problem will still persist there as the options to delete and copy to may not be available.

    it has to be easy. in the case you have a problem with no available options. the solution must be in the environment variables. there are a bunch of temp directories that are never administrator specific but are user included.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-07T10:47:38+00:00

    Hi Susan;

    Thank you for the update, at the moment are you able to log-in the account or not?, also what is the name of the account you changed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments