Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device

Anonymous
2020-08-10T07:24:14+00:00

Hi,

I recently purchased some WH-H910N h.ear bluetooth headphones.

I would like to connect them to my HP PC running Windows 10. I can pair the headphones, but they are not recognised as an Audio Device. My MDR-XB70BT ear buds are recognised as an Audio device, but not my WH-H910N h.ear.Headphones.

When I pair my WH-H910N h.ear - they are paired under 'Óther Devices' - which is where my phone sits as well. Because they sit here there is no option "connect" to them, only the option to 'remove device'

Can anyone explain why the headphones would not be recognised as Audio?

You will see that my Sony Bluetooth earbuds appear in both playback & recording, but my new headphones do not.

Many thanks

Connie

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-11T08:46:18+00:00

    Okay I think I got it and it might be more simple than anything else.

    When trying to discover Bluetooth devices in Windows, "LE_WH-H910N (h.ear)" pops up first. This is NOT what you want to connect to. Wait until "WH-H910N (h.ear)"--note the lack of "LE_"-- shows up with a headphone icon.

    That's really all it took after hours of trying to diagnose this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-14T09:33:05+00:00

    Hello everybody;

    I bought these headphones and I was having the same issue.

    For me the solution was to open the services (Windows Button + R -> services.msc ), the I changed the Bluetooth Audio Gateway Services startup type from manual to automatic. At the next pairing the headphones were correctly detected as audio devices.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-26T14:38:29+00:00

    This worked, its really that simple.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-04T23:03:48+00:00

    I had the same issue on both my dell and my surface pro 7: they would connect and pair with the headphones but not recognize them as audio devices.

    **Method 1 listed above worked on both laptops.**

    I restarted all the Bluetooth services.

    And then removed the headphones and re-paired them.

    When pairing again, the headphones correctly connected as audio devices.

    I'm not sure why this worked since all those services were running anyway but it triggered something.

    Note: not all the Bluetooth services listed in method 1 were on my laptops: the dell only had 1 bluetooth service listed and the surface pro 7 had three listed. They were also named differently, but restarting them worked.

    Both laptops are up to date Windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments