Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device

Anonymous
2020-08-10T07:24:14+00:00

Hi,

I recently purchased some WH-H910N h.ear bluetooth headphones.

I would like to connect them to my HP PC running Windows 10. I can pair the headphones, but they are not recognised as an Audio Device. My MDR-XB70BT ear buds are recognised as an Audio device, but not my WH-H910N h.ear.Headphones.

When I pair my WH-H910N h.ear - they are paired under 'Óther Devices' - which is where my phone sits as well. Because they sit here there is no option "connect" to them, only the option to 'remove device'

Can anyone explain why the headphones would not be recognised as Audio?

You will see that my Sony Bluetooth earbuds appear in both playback & recording, but my new headphones do not.

Many thanks

Connie

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-06T22:15:16+00:00

    Hi LHAI,

    None of the methods suggested by Dan worked.

    I tried all 4 of these methods (listed below) - something obviously worked. I think personally it was METHOD 1 as one of my Bluetooth services was not running, so I ran it. Also as in METHOD 4, I updated all my bluetooth drivers & as in METHOD 3 I connected via the Action centre rather than via Bluetooth settings.

    Good luck!

    Method 1: Check services.

    • Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    • Type SERVICES.MSC and hit the Enter key.

    Check each of the following services and ensure that they are in running state. You may also restart the services if they are already running.

    • Bluetooth Support Service
    • Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service
    • Bluetooth Handsfree Service (this service may or may not be available on your computer depending on the Windows 10 version).
    • BluetoothUserService_8c55026

    Method 2: Check if the headset is in disabled state.

    • Right click on the Volume icon (bottom right corner) and select Sounds.
    • If the headset is not listed under the playback devices, right click on the empty space of the window and select Show disabled devices which should list the device.
    • Right click on it and select Enable.
    • Again right click on the device name and select Set as default device.

    Method 3: Remove and repair headset.

    • Go to settings->Devices->Bluetooth & other devices.
    • Under Bluetooth, select the device you’re having problems with, select Remove device and click Yes.
    • To re-add the device, go to Action center, select Connect and then select your device.
    • Follow any more instructions that might appear. Otherwise, you're done and connected.

    Method 4: Update/Reinstall Bluetooth drivers.

    If the above steps does not fix the issue, you may try updating or reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers of your computer. I would suggest you to refer the article on Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10. Kindly refer section '6' to update your system's Bluetooth drivers. You can also refer the subsection Audio under Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth accessories and check if it is helpful to you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-06T03:43:38+00:00

    Hello Connie,

    I am having the same issue that you originally had that the headphones are paired but not allowing me to choose them as a sound output device.

    I have followed all of the steps above, but it still does not even show as a disabled sound device. It is listed under my devices as "unspecified." How were you able to get this listed as an available option?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-10T23:55:58+00:00

    Thank you for the detailed steps you did to make this work. This is valuable to the community. I'm glad that the issue is fixed.

    Best regards,

    Dan

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-10T23:53:14+00:00

    Hi Dan,

    I continued my search & even though this related to Bose Headphones it worked for my Sony headphones.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-showing-up-as-other-device-in/887b9149-e526-4286-aacf-5fab44e01336

    Method 1: Check services.

    • Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    • Type SERVICES.MSC and hit the Enter key.

    Check each of the following services and ensure that they are in running state. You may also restart the services if they are already running.

    • Bluetooth Support Service
    • Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service
    • Bluetooth Handsfree Service (this service may or may not be available on your computer depending on the Windows 10 version).
    • BluetoothUserService_8c55026

    Method 2: Check if the headset is in disabled state.

    • Right click on the Volume icon (bottom right corner) and select Sounds.
    • If the headset is not listed under the playback devices, right click on the empty space of the window and select Show disabled devices which should list the device.
    • Right click on it and select Enable.
    • Again right click on the device name and select Set as default device.

    Method 3: Remove and repair headset.

    • Go to settings->Devices->Bluetooth & other devices.
    • Under Bluetooth, select the device you’re having problems with, select Remove device and clickYes.
    • To re-add the device, go to Action center, select Connect and then select your device.
    • Follow any more instructions that might appear. Otherwise, you're done and connected.

    Method 4: Update/Reinstall Bluetooth drivers.

    If the above steps does not fix the issue, you may try updating or reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers of your computer. I would suggest you to refer the article on Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10. Kindly refer section '6' to update your system's Bluetooth drivers. You can also refer the subsection Audio under Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth accessories and check if it is helpful to you.

    Thanks

    Connie

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-10T10:32:23+00:00

    Note: Please disregard the method with the third-party software.

    I'm sorry for the confusion, please try these methods instead. https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-cant-find-...

    I hope this information is helpful. Please keep me updated on the status of this issue. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and I will be glad to assist you.

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Best regards,

    Dan

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments