This worked, its really that simple.
Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device
Hi,
I recently purchased some WH-H910N h.ear bluetooth headphones.
I would like to connect them to my HP PC running Windows 10. I can pair the headphones, but they are not recognised as an Audio Device. My MDR-XB70BT ear buds are recognised as an Audio device, but not my WH-H910N h.ear.Headphones.
When I pair my WH-H910N h.ear - they are paired under 'Óther Devices' - which is where my phone sits as well. Because they sit here there is no option "connect" to them, only the option to 'remove device'
Can anyone explain why the headphones would not be recognised as Audio?
You will see that my Sony Bluetooth earbuds appear in both playback & recording, but my new headphones do not.
Many thanks
Connie
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2020-11-26T14:38:29+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-11-14T09:33:05+00:00 Hello everybody;
I bought these headphones and I was having the same issue.
For me the solution was to open the services (Windows Button + R -> services.msc ), the I changed the Bluetooth Audio Gateway Services startup type from manual to automatic. At the next pairing the headphones were correctly detected as audio devices.
Hope this helps.
-
Anonymous
2020-11-11T08:46:18+00:00 Okay I think I got it and it might be more simple than anything else.
When trying to discover Bluetooth devices in Windows, "LE_WH-H910N (h.ear)" pops up first. This is NOT what you want to connect to. Wait until "WH-H910N (h.ear)"--note the lack of "LE_"-- shows up with a headphone icon.
That's really all it took after hours of trying to diagnose this.
-
Anonymous
2020-10-30T17:12:13+00:00 Hi Dan,
Yes Sony is the first place I went to, but nothing there solves my particular issue.
I am not having problems pairing the headphone, it pairs. My problem is that Windows does not seem to recognise my headphones as an AUDIO DEVICE, it seems to think they are a mobile phone or tablet & pairs them under ÓTHER DEVICES. Because of this I have no option to connect them, which means I cannot use them.
Thanks
Connie
I'm having the exact problem with a Sony headphone. I don't think the problem is the headphones cause they work good on mobile. just not windows. it detectes and connects to pc but does not play sound.
we need a solution please.