Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device

Anonymous
2020-08-10T07:24:14+00:00

Hi,

I recently purchased some WH-H910N h.ear bluetooth headphones.

I would like to connect them to my HP PC running Windows 10. I can pair the headphones, but they are not recognised as an Audio Device. My MDR-XB70BT ear buds are recognised as an Audio device, but not my WH-H910N h.ear.Headphones.

When I pair my WH-H910N h.ear - they are paired under 'Óther Devices' - which is where my phone sits as well. Because they sit here there is no option "connect" to them, only the option to 'remove device'

Can anyone explain why the headphones would not be recognised as Audio?

You will see that my Sony Bluetooth earbuds appear in both playback & recording, but my new headphones do not.

Many thanks

Connie

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-17T16:24:03+00:00

    I just ran into the same issue and the resolution is at: https://www.sony.com.ph/electronics/support/articles/00228887

    If the headphone has already been paired earlier with a different device then in order to put it into pairing mode we need to hold the power button for 7 seconds.

    Once i did that it worked fine.

    This was my exact problem too! Holding the power button for less than 7 seconds makes the headphones connect as an "other device" in Bluetooth. But, holding for 7 seconds (as Sony states in operating manual) puts headphones in pairing mode (red/blue light flashes) and headphones announce "pairing mode." They were then immediately connected as audio device using Windows 10 Connect from action center as discussed in the troubleshooting tips above.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T23:18:16+00:00

    https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00250217

    I had this same problem. When pairing hold down the power button for 7 seconds. Initially the device will pop up as LE_WH-1000XM4 but wait until  WH-1000XM4 pops up and it will show as an audio device. Best of luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T10:45:24+00:00

    Hi!

    I HAD the same issue with the same headset! 

    The Sony site mentions pairing with a laptop you need to HOLD the Bluetooth button for 7+ seconds for the headset to go into PAIRING mode.

    So some devices will go into that mode when you just turn on Bluetooth, like later versions in this family of headsets, but for ours and others you need to do the holding!

    Hope that helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-07T05:22:30+00:00

    I just ran into the same issue and the resolution is at: https://www.sony.com.ph/electronics/support/articles/00228887

    If the headphone has already been paired earlier with a different device then in order to put it into pairing mode we need to hold the power button for 7 seconds.

    Once i did that it worked fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-04T23:03:48+00:00

    I had the same issue on both my dell and my surface pro 7: they would connect and pair with the headphones but not recognize them as audio devices.

    **Method 1 listed above worked on both laptops.**

    I restarted all the Bluetooth services.

    And then removed the headphones and re-paired them.

    When pairing again, the headphones correctly connected as audio devices.

    I'm not sure why this worked since all those services were running anyway but it triggered something.

    Note: not all the Bluetooth services listed in method 1 were on my laptops: the dell only had 1 bluetooth service listed and the surface pro 7 had three listed. They were also named differently, but restarting them worked.

    Both laptops are up to date Windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments