Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device

Anonymous
2020-08-10T07:24:14+00:00

Hi,

I recently purchased some WH-H910N h.ear bluetooth headphones.

I would like to connect them to my HP PC running Windows 10. I can pair the headphones, but they are not recognised as an Audio Device. My MDR-XB70BT ear buds are recognised as an Audio device, but not my WH-H910N h.ear.Headphones.

When I pair my WH-H910N h.ear - they are paired under 'Óther Devices' - which is where my phone sits as well. Because they sit here there is no option "connect" to them, only the option to 'remove device'

Can anyone explain why the headphones would not be recognised as Audio?

You will see that my Sony Bluetooth earbuds appear in both playback & recording, but my new headphones do not.

Many thanks

Connie

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-03T20:13:44+00:00

    thank you <3

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-13T00:27:43+00:00

    I am glad I could help! That is the Sony's pitfall not to provide proper instructions to the users, and leaving us in such "solve the puzzle" situation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-12T22:01:28+00:00

    Oh my god, you are literally a lifesaver. I have had these headphones for over a year and spent hours and hours scrolling through Microsoft and Sony forums trying to diagnose the issue until I gave up on it as being a problem with the headphones. Now I read this solution, try it out, and within 10 SECONDS the issue I've had for over a year is resolved. Started laughing at how simple the solution was/how stupid I've been to miss it for so long. I really hope that the forum tags this as the solution to the problem, because I feel so bad for anyone else who is still looking for the solution to this very annoying problem.

    Thank you SO MUCH for posting this solution, you are a hero.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-05T02:20:45+00:00

    I had the same issue - the headphones are not recognized as Audio Device. I found an answer in a different thread:

    "...what worked for me was making sure the headphones are in PAIRING MODE, as described here. After your headphones confirm they're in pairing mode, detect new devices on your PC, and the headphones will show up as such, and not as 'other devices'. Good luck. The answer above about the factory reset was not necessary."

    So, it was a matter of holding the Power button on the headphones for few more seconds until it says "bluetooth paring" and gets into pairing mode. That's all.

    1. Headphones OFF
    2. Press on the Power button and hold it
    3. First, it will say " power ON", then keep holding the button until it says "Pairing".

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-26T01:30:44+00:00

    Done, thank you so much, I could setup my headphones

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments