Hi for everyone having this issue, it is fixed as described above, just wanted to precise that when powering on the headphones, you will hear the normal powering on notification but you keep pressing the button till you will hear the pairing mode notification, of course after tha you will add manually the device but select the "WH-h910n" option as stated above (not the one "LE"WH-h910n")
Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device
Hi,
I recently purchased some WH-H910N h.ear bluetooth headphones.
I would like to connect them to my HP PC running Windows 10. I can pair the headphones, but they are not recognised as an Audio Device. My MDR-XB70BT ear buds are recognised as an Audio device, but not my WH-H910N h.ear.Headphones.
When I pair my WH-H910N h.ear - they are paired under 'Óther Devices' - which is where my phone sits as well. Because they sit here there is no option "connect" to them, only the option to 'remove device'
Can anyone explain why the headphones would not be recognised as Audio?
You will see that my Sony Bluetooth earbuds appear in both playback & recording, but my new headphones do not.
Many thanks
Connie
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-04-18T18:48:18+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-06-12T22:01:28+00:00 Oh my god, you are literally a lifesaver. I have had these headphones for over a year and spent hours and hours scrolling through Microsoft and Sony forums trying to diagnose the issue until I gave up on it as being a problem with the headphones. Now I read this solution, try it out, and within 10 SECONDS the issue I've had for over a year is resolved. Started laughing at how simple the solution was/how stupid I've been to miss it for so long. I really hope that the forum tags this as the solution to the problem, because I feel so bad for anyone else who is still looking for the solution to this very annoying problem.
Thank you SO MUCH for posting this solution, you are a hero.
-
Anonymous
2021-06-05T02:20:45+00:00 I had the same issue - the headphones are not recognized as Audio Device. I found an answer in a different thread:
"...what worked for me was making sure the headphones are in PAIRING MODE, as described here. After your headphones confirm they're in pairing mode, detect new devices on your PC, and the headphones will show up as such, and not as 'other devices'. Good luck. The answer above about the factory reset was not necessary."
So, it was a matter of holding the Power button on the headphones for few more seconds until it says "bluetooth paring" and gets into pairing mode. That's all.
- Headphones OFF
- Press on the Power button and hold it
- First, it will say " power ON", then keep holding the button until it says "Pairing".
-
Anonymous
2021-03-13T14:35:26+00:00 I had the same problem so I unpaired and repaired but this time my Sony registered as audio and not unknown. I had to scroll down the list of pairing objects and I'm sure I saw 2 headphone numbers (WH-H910) so I clicked on the audio one.... All's well now and sorry if this isn't very instructional.
-
Anonymous
2020-08-10T23:55:58+00:00 Thank you for the detailed steps you did to make this work. This is valuable to the community. I'm glad that the issue is fixed.
Best regards,
Dan