Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device

Anonymous
2020-08-10T07:24:14+00:00

Hi,

I recently purchased some WH-H910N h.ear bluetooth headphones.

I would like to connect them to my HP PC running Windows 10. I can pair the headphones, but they are not recognised as an Audio Device. My MDR-XB70BT ear buds are recognised as an Audio device, but not my WH-H910N h.ear.Headphones.

When I pair my WH-H910N h.ear - they are paired under 'Óther Devices' - which is where my phone sits as well. Because they sit here there is no option "connect" to them, only the option to 'remove device'

Can anyone explain why the headphones would not be recognised as Audio?

You will see that my Sony Bluetooth earbuds appear in both playback & recording, but my new headphones do not.

Many thanks

Connie

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-10T09:03:40+00:00

    Hi Dan,

    The last link you posted seems to be related to headphones that aren't recognised when plugged into the audio jack - there is nothing relating to Bluetooth. I also do not have Realtek on my PC. If I have missed something that you think might help can you point out which of the 14 methods you think applies?

    I have updated drivers etc. 

    Thanks

    Connie

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T23:18:16+00:00

    https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00250217

    I had this same problem. When pairing hold down the power button for 7 seconds. Initially the device will pop up as LE_WH-1000XM4 but wait until  WH-1000XM4 pops up and it will show as an audio device. Best of luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-23T14:53:54+00:00

    I faced the same problem with my sony wh-h910n.I think the problem is with the headphones itself.To pair with my headphones. I reset(initialise) my pair ,so when i turn on them ,it goes in to pairing mode automatically .Only then its possible to pair with my pc and later i connect them to my phone with nfc.To reset them you need to press and hold  power button and google assistant button for 8 sec.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T10:45:24+00:00

    Hi!

    I HAD the same issue with the same headset! 

    The Sony site mentions pairing with a laptop you need to HOLD the Bluetooth button for 7+ seconds for the headset to go into PAIRING mode.

    So some devices will go into that mode when you just turn on Bluetooth, like later versions in this family of headsets, but for ours and others you need to do the holding!

    Hope that helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-14T09:33:05+00:00

    Hello everybody;

    I bought these headphones and I was having the same issue.

    For me the solution was to open the services (Windows Button + R -> services.msc ), the I changed the Bluetooth Audio Gateway Services startup type from manual to automatic. At the next pairing the headphones were correctly detected as audio devices.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments