Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device

Anonymous
2020-08-10T07:24:14+00:00

Hi,

I recently purchased some WH-H910N h.ear bluetooth headphones.

I would like to connect them to my HP PC running Windows 10. I can pair the headphones, but they are not recognised as an Audio Device. My MDR-XB70BT ear buds are recognised as an Audio device, but not my WH-H910N h.ear.Headphones.

When I pair my WH-H910N h.ear - they are paired under 'Óther Devices' - which is where my phone sits as well. Because they sit here there is no option "connect" to them, only the option to 'remove device'

Can anyone explain why the headphones would not be recognised as Audio?

You will see that my Sony Bluetooth earbuds appear in both playback & recording, but my new headphones do not.

Many thanks

Connie

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-19T19:51:16+00:00

    Hi,

    I too had this issue, it's a misunderstanding of the usage. Basically the 1st time its easily paring, after that it will not pair like that.

    From second time onwards we need to pair it manually. So please press the power button for 7 secs to enter into Paired mode. You will get power off/power on notification. Still continue to press it for 7 secs which will enter into pairing mode, then the actual Audio option of "WH-h910n" will be listed and registered under audio. You can ignore the "LE"WH-h910n".

    Was this answer helpful?

    80+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-10T07:58:52+00:00

    Hi Dan,

    Yes Sony is the first place I went to, but nothing there solves my particular issue. 

    I am not having problems pairing the headphone, it pairs. My problem is that Windows does not seem to recognise my headphones as an AUDIO DEVICE, it seems to think they are a mobile phone or tablet & pairs them under ÓTHER DEVICES. Because of this I have no option to connect them, which means I cannot use them.

    Thanks

    Connie

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-11T08:46:18+00:00

    Okay I think I got it and it might be more simple than anything else.

    When trying to discover Bluetooth devices in Windows, "LE_WH-H910N (h.ear)" pops up first. This is NOT what you want to connect to. Wait until "WH-H910N (h.ear)"--note the lack of "LE_"-- shows up with a headphone icon.

    That's really all it took after hours of trying to diagnose this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-10T23:53:14+00:00

    Hi Dan,

    I continued my search & even though this related to Bose Headphones it worked for my Sony headphones.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-showing-up-as-other-device-in/887b9149-e526-4286-aacf-5fab44e01336

    Method 1: Check services.

    • Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    • Type SERVICES.MSC and hit the Enter key.

    Check each of the following services and ensure that they are in running state. You may also restart the services if they are already running.

    • Bluetooth Support Service
    • Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service
    • Bluetooth Handsfree Service (this service may or may not be available on your computer depending on the Windows 10 version).
    • BluetoothUserService_8c55026

    Method 2: Check if the headset is in disabled state.

    • Right click on the Volume icon (bottom right corner) and select Sounds.
    • If the headset is not listed under the playback devices, right click on the empty space of the window and select Show disabled devices which should list the device.
    • Right click on it and select Enable.
    • Again right click on the device name and select Set as default device.

    Method 3: Remove and repair headset.

    • Go to settings->Devices->Bluetooth & other devices.
    • Under Bluetooth, select the device you’re having problems with, select Remove device and clickYes.
    • To re-add the device, go to Action center, select Connect and then select your device.
    • Follow any more instructions that might appear. Otherwise, you're done and connected.

    Method 4: Update/Reinstall Bluetooth drivers.

    If the above steps does not fix the issue, you may try updating or reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers of your computer. I would suggest you to refer the article on Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10. Kindly refer section '6' to update your system's Bluetooth drivers. You can also refer the subsection Audio under Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth accessories and check if it is helpful to you.

    Thanks

    Connie

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-16T02:55:25+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments