I am unable to send or receive emails from Windows Live after upgrading Windows 10 as you said I needed to do

Anonymous
2020-09-27T22:20:39+00:00

I upgraded Windows 10 and now I can neither send or receive my email on Windows Live Mail.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-13T23:09:47+00:00

    I have had a problem since November 2020.  Thought it was just my password but I have had my password reset by the server and I still get the message below:

    Unable to send or receive messages for the Bcn (thatcher) account. An unknown error has occurred.

    Server: 'mail.bcn.net'

    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E

    Protocol: POP3

    Port: 110

    Secure(SSL): No

    I tried updating Windows Mail live 2011 today but it did not change anything.  I tried the repair  using the window sign + R and type I forgot the letters but it was something like WRWL (I did not write it down I just followed the notes on the replys on the community stream.  Got an error says I had no internet connection and I have a direct line to broadband so I did not lose connection.    

    Not sure if I am comfortable changing registry but if that is the only way I will try it but wanted to make sure the above changes are for this error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-15T22:28:29+00:00

    Please define your terms! "create DWORD entries" What on earth is a DWORD entry?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-15T22:31:40+00:00

    I am able to receive emails in all 4 of my email addresses. But after a recent Win 10 upgrade I can not reply or send. "An error occurred in opinion this file." SO many complicated answers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-15T22:38:10+00:00

    I have the same problem but I can not be due to Windows 10 Update 2004 since I have been using Win 10 just fine through 2020 and it is is only a recent update in February 2021 that caused the problem.  I can receive email but not send or forward: "an error has prevented this file from opening". This happened only after Win 10 MS TECH support "fixed" a prior problem. Most suggested solutions are responses to older questions not exactly the same.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T04:37:50+00:00

    Please define your terms! "create DWORD entries" What on earth is a DWORD entry?

    If you follow through my proposed fix in all its steps, you will not have to ask this, because the answer will be obvious.

    A DWORD entry is one option, part way through the procedure. When you get to that step, you will select the option labelled DWORD in the registry editor program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments