I am unable to send or receive emails from Windows Live after upgrading Windows 10 as you said I needed to do

Anonymous
2020-09-27T22:20:39+00:00

I upgraded Windows 10 and now I can neither send or receive my email on Windows Live Mail.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-07T23:40:41+00:00

    Pariah16, please start a new thread of your own.

    I am trying to solve a different problem on this thread, and it is impossible to do so if other users "hijack" the thread.

    I will be happy to try to help, but not on this thread please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-30T15:20:57+00:00

    This seemed clear enough and I followed the instructions but unfortunately it didn't fix my problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-03T19:37:52+00:00

    Thanks. This post was very helpful. WLM back up and running.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T03:08:53+00:00

    Hi,

    I am in a bit of a panic. My version of windows live mail stopped working with a recent forced downgrade (what Microsoft mistakenly calls upgrades). I have been trying to fix this problem for a couple of weeks. I finally got around to following this solution only to find that very recently the archive link to the windows essential install no longer works. Funny thing is I installed it on another computer just last week.

    Do you know where I can find a copy of the windows essential download?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T03:47:26+00:00

    WLM and Thunderbird both stopped working with my SBCGlobal.net account. Seems that ATT decided that the passwords users were making up weren't secure enough. So I had to log in to my account, find their new "Generate Secure Key", get the new key, and update my passwords.

    This solved Thunderbird, but WLM can only receive, not send.

    Boy, that Upgrade sure worked great, didn't it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments