I am unable to send or receive emails from Windows Live after upgrading Windows 10 as you said I needed to do

Anonymous
2020-09-27T22:20:39+00:00

I upgraded Windows 10 and now I can neither send or receive my email on Windows Live Mail.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-22T07:18:07+00:00

    “I don't seem to recall suggesting that you use a RESTORE POINT. As far as I can understand your recent posts, DOING SO WOULD NOT APPEAR TO OFFER ANY CHANCE OF FIXING the problem you described, WHICH IS WHY I DO NOT SUGGEST IT.”

    Pardon me but do you realized what you just admitted?

    First, please don’t put words in my mouth. I never said you suggested we use a restore point. I, like most circumspect people, just do so before making changes to my computer.

    Moreover if you knew (as you here admit) that using a restore point could not undue changes you advised in your September 30 post (changes that caused the damage I showed) then you had a duty to disclose that and a duty to warn the Community. Your very first instruction should have been: ‘Warning: if you do the following and it fails or causes more problems please know the usual precaution of a restore point will not undue the change advised here.’

    In other words you here admit you knew a restore point could not undue the changes you suggested. That is, you knew the changes you advised could not be undone via restore if your solution only made matters worse. Which is exactly what happened.

    Sorry but, again, if you advise Community members to make those changes and also know (admit) that, if your instructions fail or cause harm, those changes can’t be undone via the normal restore, then you have an affirmative duty to disclose that and warn people.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments