I am unable to send or receive emails from Windows Live after upgrading Windows 10 as you said I needed to do

Anonymous
2020-09-27T22:20:39+00:00

I upgraded Windows 10 and now I can neither send or receive my email on Windows Live Mail.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-26T22:21:00+00:00

    Well, I want to thank those folks who tried to help me but my young nephew believes that perhaps my 11 year old Dell computer can't handle all these upgrades.  So, will be figuring out new electronics soon.  Have a wonderful day and thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-26T17:13:12+00:00

    It didn't work.    It was already on "log on using clear text ....apply then and check ok.  Got any other ideas????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-25T19:00:40+00:00

    Yeah, that's where it was, and that's where it still is. And that did not solve the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-25T17:39:00+00:00

    Logging on : Secure Password Authentication

    Error message 0x800CCC90 means:

     "Windows couldn't log on to the e-mail server using secure password authentication"

    Very few mail servers support Secure Password Authentication these days. Right-click on the account name in the Windows Live Mail folder pane, then select 'Properties'. On the 'Servers' tab, select "Log on using clear text authentication", then click 'Apply', then click 'OK'.

    Now try again to send and receive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-23T02:00:10+00:00

    Windows Live Mail Version 2012 (Build 16.4.3528.0331)

    "Unable to send or receive messages for the Sbcglobal account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

    Server Error: 0x800CCC90

    Server Response: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] Server error - Please try again later.

    Server: 'inbound.att.net'

    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92

    Protocol: POP3

    Port: 995

    Secure(SSL): Yes"

    This is nonsense, as I am able to log into that account through a web browser using that very name and password.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments