I am unable to send or receive emails from Windows Live after upgrading Windows 10 as you said I needed to do

Anonymous
2020-09-27T22:20:39+00:00

I upgraded Windows 10 and now I can neither send or receive my email on Windows Live Mail.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-29T19:51:53+00:00

    I am in the same boat  Windows 10 did an update now Live Email will not send or receive I have tried everything I know to do , even deleted my account and imported it back . Still will not send or receive. 

    WINDOWS LIVE  VERSION 2009 BUILD 14.0.8089.0726

    This is error message

    Unable to send or receive messages for the pop-server.triad.rr.com account. An unknown error has occurred.

    Server: 'pop-server.triad.rr.com'

    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E

    Protocol: POP3

    Port: 110

    Secure(SSL): No

    Unable to send or receive messages for the pop-server.triad.rr.com (1) account. An unknown error has occurred.

    Server: 'pop-server.triad.rr.com'

    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E

    Protocol: POP3

    Port: 110

    Secure(SSL): No

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-29T19:37:34+00:00

    I am in the same boat  Windows 10 did an update now Live Email will not send or receive I have tried everything I know to do , even deleted my account and imported it back . Still will not send or receive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-28T01:36:17+00:00

    My e-mail service is centurylink and the error message is 0x800C013E.   I'm using Windows Live 2012.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-28T00:13:32+00:00

    Donna,

    You don't seem to have posted any actual details of your problem, so it might help if you will do as follows.

    Which version of Windows Live Mail do you have?

    To find the Windows Live Mail program version and build, open Windows Live Mail. Then, with the program displayed on the screen, do the following on the keyboard -

      1. Press: Alt+F

      2. Press: B

    And say which e-mail service you use: e.g. Hotmail, Gmail, etc.

    And give the full text of any error message being displayed, including the error number (an 8-digit number). The error number identifies the exact error that is occurring, and is usually essential for solving a Windows Live Mail problem.

    To view the error message, delete any unsent messages in the WLM Outbox (below the account folders, in the folder pane). Then compose a short test message, with a unique subject, and send it to yourself (i.e. from the account in question to the same account).

    To post the error message here (including the error number): select the error message by clicking on it, then right-click on it and select 'copy'. Then paste the copied text into your next post here (right-click here and select 'paste').

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-27T14:45:28+00:00

    Same thing happened to me.  Very frustrating.  DO

    DonnaJohnsen

    I am unable to send or receive emails from Windows Live after upgrading Windows 10 as you said I needed to do.

    Windows 10 should be fixed to resolve that issue...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments