I am unable to send or receive emails from Windows Live after upgrading Windows 10 as you said I needed to do

Anonymous
2020-09-27T22:20:39+00:00

I upgraded Windows 10 and now I can neither send or receive my email on Windows Live Mail.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-13T22:31:40+00:00

    I have just downloaded Windows Live Mail on to my husband's computer which is running Windows 10. Works fine. Not a tech whizz but it worked. Maybe try reinstalling it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-11T11:43:00+00:00

    Give the full text of any error message displayed, including the error number (an 8-digit number). The error number identifies the exact error that is occurring, and is usually essential for solving your problem.

    Even users running Windows 10 have successfully installed Windows Live Mail, so whatever problem you have run into can likely be solved.

    Give a full description of what you did, and what happened, with much greater detail than your last post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T19:24:21+00:00

    I get an error that tells me this can't run on your pc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T19:17:12+00:00

    Sorry, I should have mentioned I use windows 10

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T15:57:48+00:00

    WLM and Thunderbird both stopped working with my SBCGlobal.net account. Seems that ATT decided that the passwords users were making up weren't secure enough. So I had to log in to my account, find their new "Generate Secure Key", get the new key, and update my passwords.

    This solved Thunderbird, but WLM can only receive, not send.

    Boy, that Upgrade sure worked great, didn't it?

    Further Details Needed

    To enable someone to help, please say which version of Windows your computer is currently running, and which version of Windows Live Mail you have.

    To find the Windows Live Mail program version and build, open Windows Live Mail. Then, with the program displayed on the screen, do the following on the keyboard -

      1. Press: Alt+F

      2. Press: B

    And say which e-mail service you use: e.g. Hotmail, Gmail, etc.

    And describe what you were doing when the problem arose, and give the full text of any error message displayed, including the error number (an 8-digit number). The error number identifies the exact error that is occurring, and is usually essential for solving your problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments