I am unable to send or receive emails from Windows Live after upgrading Windows 10 as you said I needed to do

Anonymous
2020-09-27T22:20:39+00:00

I upgraded Windows 10 and now I can neither send or receive my email on Windows Live Mail.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-21T23:32:45+00:00

    If you read page 1 of this question, you will see my post of September 30th last, to which I referred you.

    If you post in a thread, it is essential that you actually read that thread.

    There is little point asking questions on page 4 which have already been answered on page 1. Please read this question from the beginning, and follow the suggested steps in the suggested order.

    I don't seem to recall suggesting that you use a Restore Point. As far as I can understand your recent posts, doing so would not appear to offer any chance of fixing the problem you described, which is why I do not suggest it.

    It is in the hope that a question will NOT reach a 4th or 5th page that I ask all users to start their own question. There is less chance of the thread becoming long and confusing where it does not exceed the usual 2 pages.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T07:44:05+00:00

    And how do I find that needle in this hay stack?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T04:47:49+00:00

    I have had a problem since November 2020.  Thought it was just my password but I have had my password reset by the server and I still get the message below:

    Unable to send or receive messages for the Bcn (thatcher) account. An unknown error has occurred.

    Server: 'mail.bcn.net'

    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E

    Protocol: POP3

    Port: 110

    Secure(SSL): No

    I tried updating Windows Mail live 2011 today but it did not change anything.  I tried the repair  using the window sign + R and type I forgot the letters but it was something like WRWL (I did not write it down I just followed the notes on the replys on the community stream.  Got an error says I had no internet connection and I have a direct line to broadband so I did not lose connection.    

    Not sure if I am comfortable changing registry but if that is the only way I will try it but wanted to make sure the above changes are for this error.

    Yes, one possible cause of the 800c013e error is the Windows 10 update that is fixed by the registry change specified by me on this thread.

    It is not the only thing which causes that error, read my posts for other possible causes.

    In future, start a new thread when you need help. One problem with intervening in other peoples threads is that you muddy the waters, because you will rarely have exactly the same problem.

    For this error number, for example, there are AT LEAST six known causes, but your problem will only arise from one of them.

    Get on and make the registry change. It is a very minor change, to only one registry value, and cannot possibly do any harm. Obviously, get help if you don't know what the registry is, or have never used the registry editor program. In that case, maybe it would be wiser though to make the change using the alternative method that does not use the regedit program, create a .reg file instead and do it that way.

    If you need to post here again, start a new question. Then any steps I might suggest will not be picked up by other people who might see the same error number, but likely have a quite different problem causing it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T04:38:34+00:00

    I am able to receive emails in all 4 of my email addresses. But after a recent Win 10 upgrade I can not reply or send. "An error occurred in opinion this file." SO many complicated answers. 

    Read my post on this thread dated September 30th las t, for full details of how to fix the error caused by the Windows 10 update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-15T22:31:40+00:00

    I am able to receive emails in all 4 of my email addresses. But after a recent Win 10 upgrade I can not reply or send. "An error occurred in opinion this file." SO many complicated answers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments