I am unable to send or receive emails from Windows Live after upgrading Windows 10 as you said I needed to do

Anonymous
2020-09-27T22:20:39+00:00

I upgraded Windows 10 and now I can neither send or receive my email on Windows Live Mail.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T15:57:48+00:00

    WLM and Thunderbird both stopped working with my SBCGlobal.net account. Seems that ATT decided that the passwords users were making up weren't secure enough. So I had to log in to my account, find their new "Generate Secure Key", get the new key, and update my passwords.

    This solved Thunderbird, but WLM can only receive, not send.

    Boy, that Upgrade sure worked great, didn't it?

    Further Details Needed

    To enable someone to help, please say which version of Windows your computer is currently running, and which version of Windows Live Mail you have.

    To find the Windows Live Mail program version and build, open Windows Live Mail. Then, with the program displayed on the screen, do the following on the keyboard -

      1. Press: Alt+F

      2. Press: B

    And say which e-mail service you use: e.g. Hotmail, Gmail, etc.

    And describe what you were doing when the problem arose, and give the full text of any error message displayed, including the error number (an 8-digit number). The error number identifies the exact error that is occurring, and is usually essential for solving your problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T15:50:02+00:00

    I recommend that you use Windows Live Mail 2011 (WLM 2011), which I run on Windows 7.

    You can download Windows Live Essentials 2011 from the Internet Archive:

      https://archive.org/details/windowsliveessentials2011_201908

    WLM 2011 is one of several programs included in this installer. When you run the installer it gives you an option to choose which of the programs to install.

    If you need help to install Windows Live Mail, ask here. Or search this forum for the term windowsliveessentials2011 (i.e. search for the installer program).

    This is a direct link -

    https://archive.org/download/windowsliveessentials2011_201908/wlsetup-all.exe

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T03:47:26+00:00

    WLM and Thunderbird both stopped working with my SBCGlobal.net account. Seems that ATT decided that the passwords users were making up weren't secure enough. So I had to log in to my account, find their new "Generate Secure Key", get the new key, and update my passwords.

    This solved Thunderbird, but WLM can only receive, not send.

    Boy, that Upgrade sure worked great, didn't it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T03:08:53+00:00

    Hi,

    I am in a bit of a panic. My version of windows live mail stopped working with a recent forced downgrade (what Microsoft mistakenly calls upgrades). I have been trying to fix this problem for a couple of weeks. I finally got around to following this solution only to find that very recently the archive link to the windows essential install no longer works. Funny thing is I installed it on another computer just last week.

    Do you know where I can find a copy of the windows essential download?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-03T19:37:52+00:00

    Thanks. This post was very helpful. WLM back up and running.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments