How-to disable Modern Standby in Windows 10 May 2020 update?

Anonymous
2020-05-30T23:44:49+00:00

good old registry hack does not work anymore:

  1. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power] CsEnabled=0
  2. deleted [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ModernSleep]

PC still uses "Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) Network Connected" and it makes a lot of problems

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-11T13:26:25+00:00

    You are right, my BIOS doesn't support that state, so I guess I'll just have to keep using the modern standby, but Thank You anyways! You were a great help :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-11T14:35:09+00:00

    Hello,

     and thank You. Its worked for me. Unfortunately when i close a laptop and open it again Windows shows it to me a lockscreen. that is normal and ok.  After 2-3 seconds laptop turns off automatically. Do you know more about it?

    Greetings

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-04T01:08:06+00:00

    worked on my zenbook flip as well, after two year of pain

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-04T12:11:52+00:00

    Hi MW,

    After trying the above, the message shows that my HP pavillion (Win 10) does support S3 but there are other S settings also supported. How can I ensure the unit is closing to S3 as I'm still trying to reduce a 7% batt loss over 24 hr period and hoping S3 will help? Thnx

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-23T12:20:26+00:00

    DELL INS-7400-1825HS with I7-1165G7 has the same question.

    PlatformAoAcOverride can successfully disable S0 state but i will lost all the sleep options from start menu, beceuse the S3 mode is continue report 'The system firmware does not support this standby state'.

    I don't want to use the github that upstairs said.

    Because it needs to disable secure boot, Although i signed my name in FSF Anti-UEFI wall. And it says 'Please note that Windows do not support seamless transition between ACPI S3 and S0ix. A fresh installation is required.'

    I think there is some way to copy other computers file, am i right?

    I can do anything to my computer instead of my system. Because i don't want to reinstall the system, i will lost some my settings and all my files.

    Can we report DELL and M$ as a monopoly and something about consumer rights ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments