How-to disable Modern Standby in Windows 10 May 2020 update?

Anonymous
2020-05-30T23:44:49+00:00

good old registry hack does not work anymore:

  1. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power] CsEnabled=0
  2. deleted [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ModernSleep]

PC still uses "Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) Network Connected" and it makes a lot of problems

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-12T17:48:46+00:00

    Hi, M Webb, I'm hoping you can help me as I'm an absolute tech duffus.

    I'm trying to disable Modern Standby on an Hp Pavillion, running Win10, to prevent batt loss after full shutdown.

    Following the advice on this thread, I entered the above command only to get a message saying

    "ERROR: Invalid syntax.

    Type "REG ADD /?" for usage."

    Can you please explain what I'm doing wrong? Thnx.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-12T16:49:28+00:00

    Hi, hoping you can help me as I'm an absolute tech duffus. I'm trying to disable Modern Standby on an Hp Pavillion, running Win10, to prevent batt loss after full shutdown. Following the advice on this thread, I entered the above commaand only to get a message saying

    "ERROR: Invalid syntax.

    Type "REG ADD /?" for usage." Can explain what i'm doing wrong? thnx.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-12T05:12:58+00:00

    I and many colleagues from our company have the very same problem after installing build 2004. We have S0 already disabled as it does not work correctly on our DELLs XPS 9570 laptops, they are cooking themselves alive. After installing build 2004 I immediately noticed that going to sleep means 50/50 BSOD+reboot or wake up. I have real concerns about the sanity of MS leadership as Windows 10 is one big public alpha-stage project.

    My laptop hp pavilion 15 doesn't go to sleep I've to hard reboot it after only screen turns off and power led is on. My question is, is it because of the sleep state not supporting the device. My Sleep state is s3.i don't know whether the pc is trying to go to sleep state s0 which my pc doesn't support and runs into problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-11T10:12:26+00:00

    Thank you!

    Adding PlatformAoAcOverride Works perfect!

    Controls disappear from the power plan but does the job!

    When the computer wakes up looks like it was in hibernate state.

    Add in the power shell

    reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0

    To delete 

    reg delete  "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power" /v PlatformAoAcOverride

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/learn-about-hardware/wakeontouch

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-05T03:43:31+00:00

    You don't know what you're talking about. The CsEnabled registry value was removed, an entirely different value to the one I suggest.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments