You are right, my BIOS doesn't support that state, so I guess I'll just have to keep using the modern standby, but Thank You anyways! You were a great help :)
How-to disable Modern Standby in Windows 10 May 2020 update?
good old registry hack does not work anymore:
- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power] CsEnabled=0
- deleted [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ModernSleep]
PC still uses "Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) Network Connected" and it makes a lot of problems
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-01-11T13:26:25+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-01-11T06:08:00+00:00 Run "powercfg /a" at an admin command line.
I suspect it is going to say "The system firmware does not support this standby state" under "Standby (S3)."
If so, your BIOS does not support S3 sleep and no amount of registry hacking will change that. The only people who could change that are the manufacturers of your PC, and I wouldn't hold my breath for them to add BIOS support for S3 back in.
-
Anonymous
2021-01-05T02:14:32+00:00 Or just try this ten times safer solution:
reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0
Hello and Thank You So much for this!
It really helped, but now that I have disabled the S0 / Modern Standby, my laptop can't sleep anymore. Do you know how I could enable the S3 standby mode on my laptop?
Thank You, Any Help is Appreciated
-
Anonymous
2020-12-25T15:18:17+00:00 Thanks MW, like I say , I'm a duffus. Thee WAS a typo but not that one but I also wasn't aware about the importance of 'Run as Administrator'. I was logged on, on an Administrator acc, but apparently this isn't enough, you also have to go the the 'Run as Administrator' command prompt for it to take. It did report that it had been successful but that doesn't seem to have solved my problem. Still losing 10% power on complete shutdown over a 24 hr period. Thnx anyway.
-
Anonymous
2020-12-22T03:30:02+00:00 I imagine you've missed the 0 at the end of the command line - this forum has wrapped it onto a new line. The command should end "/d 0" not "/d"