How-to disable Modern Standby in Windows 10 May 2020 update?

Anonymous
2020-05-30T23:44:49+00:00

good old registry hack does not work anymore:

  1. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power] CsEnabled=0
  2. deleted [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ModernSleep]

PC still uses "Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) Network Connected" and it makes a lot of problems

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-12T16:29:58+00:00

    A similar S0i3-S3 toggle in BIOS must be implemented into all other makes/models. Until then... perhaps there are some BIOS mods already out there that take care of it, e.g. a hardcoded S3 w/o a toggle: when something is really needed it always makes its way to the public. Once upon a time IBM/Lenovo refused to lift SATA I cap in some of their X series ThinkPads saying it may hurt stability/interop, so Middleton BIOS came to save the world. It's been working perfectly well here w/o a single stability interop issue ever since.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-12T15:59:30+00:00

    You are so lucky. Unfortunately, My BIOS doesn't provides S3 option toggle. I use DELL INS 7400 1825HS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-12T15:45:46+00:00

    龙缘科技神林: Sorry just noticed your message. As a lucky owner of a Lenovo ThinkPad X1G6 all I had to do was switch the toggle in its BIOS to the mode that means S3. The reason for posting my message above was that I initially thought by mistake that it's no longer working with 20H2... can now confirm it's been sleeping deep perfectly fine with S3, same as 20H1.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-07T09:28:58+00:00

    My XPS 13 can switch to S3 and could sleep normally. But after wake up, NETWORK IS NOT WORKING and wireless module cannot be found in System Device Manager.

    Any solution for this plz?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-23T10:12:48+00:00

    I didnt understand if your reply has any connection with my post and if your post was translated by computer like google.

    But I am using 20H2 too, and i cannot use S3, as bad as before.

    I dont like SSD so i dont want to use S4, and i want my battery more useful so i dont like S0.

    Is here any one can help me crack EFI files or BIOS to enforce use S3 mode?

    Or is someone strong enough to kick DELL's **** to let them support S3?

    I am very sure that my hardware supports S3 and my BIOS and EFI not.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments