KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Anonymous
2020-05-11T03:49:56+00:00

I was using my computer when it blue screened and it said Stop Code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and it kept happening again and again, after turning on my pc after 3 hours of not using it started blue screening a bit after loading and now I cant log in

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-20T14:30:37+00:00

    I ended up getting into the Restore operation, chose the option to retain my files but otherwise do a re-install, and the machine in question is running like a top. I removed the factory-installed McAfee the day I bought the machine so for me it was not the cause.

    I have four HP computers here, three are based on the same motherboard. Only one has done this KMode nonsense.  It remains a mystery to me, but for the time being at least, the issue seems resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-20T15:08:04+00:00

    I had done essentially the same thing with my PC, which is also a new HP computer, but this did not solve the problem. Here's more history:

    I first started and setup the PC on 4/1/20, and disabled use of McAfee software. I did not have any problems with the machine until 5/8/20, when it started having Kmode exceptions which became so frequent that Windows said I had to reset the PC's Windows installation. I tried a partial reset that kept my data files, but the PC still had the Kmode exceptions, so I did a complete reset of the PC on 5/8/20. I again removed McAfee software, and continued using the PC. The PC ran without problems until 5/18/20, when it starting having Kmode exceptions again. The Kmode exceptions again became so frequent that Windows said I needed to reset the PC.

    So, I reset the PC on 5/19/20 and again removed McAfee software from the control panel. I discovered that I could cause the Kmode exceptions to happen at will, just by trying to perform a Windows system update, after Windows had installed all the above updates that I described in my initial post yesterday. 

    I think others may have the same problem. You can easily test it, by trying to perform a Windows system update using the following menus and selections:

    control panel

      system and security

          security and maintenance

             maintenance

                start maintenance

    I suspect that after Windows installs KB4052623, it then has a problem trying to install KB2267602 that causes a Kmode exception. This might happen for other PC's, whenever they get to a point in their update cycle that causes them to try these updates. The latest version of KB4052623 was released on 4/30/20, about a week before my PC started having Kmode exception crashes.

    Phil

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-21T04:32:24+00:00

    I have the same issue.  My computer is now in a cycle of kmode_exception_not_handled and when I reinstalled the entirety of Windows 10, it took 24 hrs before it started with the same issue. This needs to be fixed. Permanently. I use this computer for work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-21T09:28:53+00:00

    i have the same issue,  hp shadow wizard ,i7 8700. i solved this problem on may 15 or 16, by system recover back to may 3rd.

    i turned off sys update until july. i thought this issue is from sys updste and i dreamed 2month was enough for them to fix it.

    but today i have this problem again,  maybe this issue is not from sys update? or microsoft f**ked my settings? further more, i find i can only recover to may 20, and may 20 is also a blue screen savepoint.

    flower q!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-21T12:54:46+00:00

    Can you force the problem to happen, by starting system maintenance as described in my post? If so, that would confirm you are seeing the same problem, caused by Microsoft updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments