KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Anonymous
2020-05-11T03:49:56+00:00

I was using my computer when it blue screened and it said Stop Code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and it kept happening again and again, after turning on my pc after 3 hours of not using it started blue screening a bit after loading and now I cant log in

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-19T18:01:53+00:00

    I have been stepping through uninstalling but it kept BSOD after 10 minutes or so. I think KB4556799 was removed during boot recovery option to remove latest quality update. I subsequently uninstalled KB4549951 and KB4552931 without relief of BSOD. Currently restoring save point back to pre-5/11 updates...

    Took 75 minutes to restore but system has been running stable for almost 30 minutes. 

    So now what happens when those patches reinstall? I have it paused until 6/15.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-19T16:50:50+00:00

    Found an alternative account password - thank goodness I always create an alternate admin account!

    I removed latest "quality update" and was able to work in the computer for a while (over 15 minutes) and then it crashed with the same code (kmode exc not handled). Before it crashed I noted there were quality updates on 5/18 for .NET and Windows 10 - version 1903. These are KB4556799 & KB4549951. I also had a 5/18 install of KB890830 for Win Malicious Software Removal Tool. The next oldest one is KB4551762 installed 5/11 but I also had driver updates on 5/11.

    There is also a pend8ng feature update Windows 10 ver 1909 but I paused updates.

    I wondered if something started installing before I could hit "pause updates" but I was able to reboot without uninstalling anything. 

    Now it keeps crash8ng after runn8nh

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-19T16:20:04+00:00

    This is happening on 5/19/20 for a work computer that was working yesterday. Strongly suspect new patches/updates. Also it is not recognizing my admin account password. Screwed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-19T14:33:15+00:00

    I have the same issue.  Safe mode also would get the same error a few seconds after reaching the windows PIN screen.  My solution was on restart I kept pressing F11 to bring up the boot menu, then picked roll back to a restore point.  I picked 5/6/20 (two windows updates ago,,mine for realtek audio stuff).  After roll back Im not having the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-19T13:09:12+00:00

    An article dated 2017 doesn't solve a 2020 problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments