I do not have the problem as severely as most of you guys but it does happen, just out of the blue (no pun intended) every once in a while. I don't know what causes it and it seems to happen when I do something indiscriminately, so I can't actually focus on a particular action. But I can tell you this, my brother in law has been harping on me to get Apple. As he says, they don't crash like Microsoft, and if Microsoft doesn't get this resolved soon I just might seriously consider jumping over to Apple. I get tired of having to deal with **** like this.
KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
I was using my computer when it blue screened and it said Stop Code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and it kept happening again and again, after turning on my pc after 3 hours of not using it started blue screening a bit after loading and now I cant log in
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2020-08-24T18:09:05+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-07-31T00:14:49+00:00 Yes, this was happening for me right around this time. I wonder if it was related to the Jul 24 Windows update. I did a complete reset from the boot menu (all my files were on Dropbox anyway), and so far so good. But it's annoying to have this come up all the time.
-
Anonymous
2020-07-30T21:28:49+00:00 I was not able to even make a bootable USB. I have made one after it was fixed and back up my data more frequently now. So far my computer has not had any problems. Like I stated, stay away from third party anti virus and utility programs.
-
Anonymous
2020-07-30T01:57:34+00:00 On July 25, 2020 I just had the same problem with repeating blue screen KMODE Exception not handled. "F-keys" don't work to interupt start-up. In Windows Recovery, "Reset PC keeping files" doesn't work. Read full string above. Is only option to make bootable USB to reinstall Windows, and after you do, is it reoccuring problem?
-
Anonymous
2020-06-02T23:05:20+00:00 Phil,
I hope you did not think I was ignoring you. I just got my computer back from a local repair shop. He had it for one week but he was able to recover all of my data. He could not determine the cause but he stated some root disk sectors were corrupted and he had to perform a low level format and completely reinstall Windows 10. After talking to him, I am guessing it was a lethal cocktail of Windows 10 update, McAfee antivirus and I was also using a third party defraggler program which probably did not play well with Intel Optane memory. He stated if you want to defrag your hard drive, make sure the Optane memory is disabled first. I am glad you had the patience and were able to solve your problem. He charged me $100 but it was money well spent since I would have paid more for a new computer after throwing it against the wall. Like Clint Eastwood said, a man has got to know his limits.
Bottom line, be very wary with non Microsoft antivirus and utility software because I have had issues in the past after major Windows 10 updates but nothing like this.