thanks; lesson seems to be only add the absolute minimum req'd as Win 10 is so large and complicated that it often can't handle a new App.
KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
I was using my computer when it blue screened and it said Stop Code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and it kept happening again and again, after turning on my pc after 3 hours of not using it started blue screening a bit after loading and now I cant log in
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-02-22T05:03:10+00:00 -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2021-01-06T05:56:03+00:00 I recently turned off "Fast start up", installed "Lenovo Vantage", uninstalled "Wordpad" and something else that seemed useless, the free "Malware Bytes" app. also came up somewhere in this mix; also discovered some little box with a list including something like "Wireless devices" with two enabling options; I think Personal and ?? I clicked on both and my Bluetooth speaker worked for the first time in yrs. At next login the blue screen/K Mode... not handled. After hours of work including typing in the 59 character Bitlocker code about 5 times (can't copy it or go back to that screen having moved on) I managed a re-install of Win. 10. Any well founded ideas on what was the most likely cause would be welcome. My suspicion based partly on previous replies is that "Malwarebytes" and "Vantage" are the most likely the cause and I only installed it based on Microsoft advice while attempting to comprehend a response to Controlled Folder Access blocking. Any well founded ideas on what was the most likely cause would be welcome. In case it helps anyone I think a major factor in spending hours was that I was entering the e-mail account password when it wanted the computer account password (which has the email as the name in there somewhere) but there was no error message as such.
-
Anonymous
2020-10-12T20:21:34+00:00 Same problem for past few days. At random times, BSOD and K Mode error. Annoying. Only changes were whatever updates Win10 installed.
-
Anonymous
2020-09-03T15:05:46+00:00 The stopcode KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED has not occurred on my Windows10 until I allowed Grammarly to be installed as an extension. I am currently uninstalling/disabling this extension to see if this is the cause.