I had also removed McAfee anti-virus software from my system, but this did not solve or prevent the problem I reported above. Windows consistently gives a KMODE exception blue screen of death, whenever I try to perform a Windows maintenance update.
KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
I was using my computer when it blue screened and it said Stop Code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and it kept happening again and again, after turning on my pc after 3 hours of not using it started blue screening a bit after loading and now I cant log in
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-05-20T13:16:40+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-05-20T02:26:02+00:00 After booting into safe mode, I had to uninstall my McAfee anti-virus software which solved the problem. I have had compatibility issues before with McAfee anti-virus and Windows 10, especially after a major Win 10 update. I have been using the default Windows 10 Defender and anti-virus without any problems.
-
Anonymous
2020-05-19T18:01:53+00:00 I have been stepping through uninstalling but it kept BSOD after 10 minutes or so. I think KB4556799 was removed during boot recovery option to remove latest quality update. I subsequently uninstalled KB4549951 and KB4552931 without relief of BSOD. Currently restoring save point back to pre-5/11 updates...
Took 75 minutes to restore but system has been running stable for almost 30 minutes.
So now what happens when those patches reinstall? I have it paused until 6/15.
-
Anonymous
2020-05-19T16:50:50+00:00 Found an alternative account password - thank goodness I always create an alternate admin account!
I removed latest "quality update" and was able to work in the computer for a while (over 15 minutes) and then it crashed with the same code (kmode exc not handled). Before it crashed I noted there were quality updates on 5/18 for .NET and Windows 10 - version 1903. These are KB4556799 & KB4549951. I also had a 5/18 install of KB890830 for Win Malicious Software Removal Tool. The next oldest one is KB4551762 installed 5/11 but I also had driver updates on 5/11.
There is also a pend8ng feature update Windows 10 ver 1909 but I paused updates.
I wondered if something started installing before I could hit "pause updates" but I was able to reboot without uninstalling anything.
Now it keeps crash8ng after runn8nh
-
Anonymous
2020-05-11T05:06:54+00:00 Hi Miguel_R64,
I suggest that you tey creating a bootable device to boot up your pc and try repairing it from there. You can check this link on how you can do it.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windo...
If the issue still persist Installing a clean windows o.s is our last option.
Regards,