thanks; lesson seems to be only add the absolute minimum req'd as Win 10 is so large and complicated that it often can't handle a new App.
KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
I was using my computer when it blue screened and it said Stop Code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and it kept happening again and again, after turning on my pc after 3 hours of not using it started blue screening a bit after loading and now I cant log in
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-02-22T05:03:10+00:00 -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2020-10-12T20:21:34+00:00 Same problem for past few days. At random times, BSOD and K Mode error. Annoying. Only changes were whatever updates Win10 installed.
-
Anonymous
2020-06-02T23:05:20+00:00 Phil,
I hope you did not think I was ignoring you. I just got my computer back from a local repair shop. He had it for one week but he was able to recover all of my data. He could not determine the cause but he stated some root disk sectors were corrupted and he had to perform a low level format and completely reinstall Windows 10. After talking to him, I am guessing it was a lethal cocktail of Windows 10 update, McAfee antivirus and I was also using a third party defraggler program which probably did not play well with Intel Optane memory. He stated if you want to defrag your hard drive, make sure the Optane memory is disabled first. I am glad you had the patience and were able to solve your problem. He charged me $100 but it was money well spent since I would have paid more for a new computer after throwing it against the wall. Like Clint Eastwood said, a man has got to know his limits.
Bottom line, be very wary with non Microsoft antivirus and utility software because I have had issues in the past after major Windows 10 updates but nothing like this.
-
Anonymous
2020-05-11T04:20:29+00:00 Hi Miguel_R64,
Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.
You can check the solutions that SpiritX MS MVP one of our mvp and volunteer moderator to address this specific kind of issue.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
Hope it helps.
________________________________________________________
Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
________________________________________________________