KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Anonymous
2020-05-11T03:49:56+00:00

I was using my computer when it blue screened and it said Stop Code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and it kept happening again and again, after turning on my pc after 3 hours of not using it started blue screening a bit after loading and now I cant log in

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-19T13:09:12+00:00

    An article dated 2017 doesn't solve a 2020 problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-16T21:03:18+00:00

    My two children’s computer encountered the same issues. One occurred yesterday 5/15 & one occurred today 5/16. I tried everything posted on the web but can’t fix the problem. At the end, you can’t even boot with safe mode. I tried to uninstalled Microsft latest update but that didn’t solve the problem. Its so frustrated that Microsoft can’t provide a fix to this new problem and took me a day trying to fix yhe problem. Finally I have reset the PC to fix the problem but my kids are not happy that they lose all their settings. Microsoft please step up, fix it and don’t let Stop code Kmode happen again

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-19T14:33:15+00:00

    I have the same issue.  Safe mode also would get the same error a few seconds after reaching the windows PIN screen.  My solution was on restart I kept pressing F11 to bring up the boot menu, then picked roll back to a restore point.  I picked 5/6/20 (two windows updates ago,,mine for realtek audio stuff).  After roll back Im not having the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-16T21:58:42+00:00

    Also having this same issue. Can login but the pc restarts every 5, 10, or 15 minutes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-22T19:41:40+00:00

    Earlier today I spent about 90 minutes on the phone with a Microsoft Technical Support person named Krishna. He was very patient and helpful, and was able to see the Windows history on my PC showing that it had failed to install KB2267602. He checked and found that KB2267602 is no longer available from Microsoft - apparently Microsoft has realized KB2267602 doesn't install correctly, and removed it. He wanted to perform more tests, but my PC started having Kmode exceptions about as fast as I could logon to Windows after each restart -- apparently it was trying to automatically perform system maintenance and load KB2267602 each time it restarted.

    Using my other, older PC, he downloaded a new copy of Windows 10 to a USB drive for me. I then did a fresh install of Windows 10 to the new PC, and so far it has run fine. I can now perform system maintenance and install Windows updates, without Kmode exceptions, although the updates installed so far only date to January 2020. Hopefully, the PC won't later run into problems installing more current updates. Maybe my new PC will now run reliably for the next several years, like my older PC. (Knock on wood.)

    My suggestion for people currently having Kmode exceptions is to call Microsoft technical support at 1-877-696-7786 and ask them to see if your PC failed to install KB2267602, which may have caused a Kmode exception, and ask for help installing a new copy of Windows 10. It helps to be as friendly and patient as possible during the phone call.

    I agree that Microsoft should take the initiative to stop the Blue Screen errors, and suggested this to Krishna. Of course, he couldn't say when this larger problem might be fixed. Spamming Nadella might help, or the spam tweets might be ignored... Individual conversations during phone calls may eventually have more effect.

    Good Luck, everyone!

    Phil

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments