Windows Hello Pin (This option is currently unavailable)

Anonymous
2020-05-11T16:55:59+00:00

Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says (This option is currently unavailable) and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says I need to sign in again and I did until it asked for the pin which I forgot.How can I fix this so I can turn it back to normal where there are no windows hello and I can reset the pin again.I appreciate any suggestions, thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-27T16:15:52+00:00

     Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says (This option is currently unavailable) and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says I need to sign in again and I did until it asked for the pin which I forgot.How can I fix this so I can turn it back to normal where there are no windows hello and I can reset the pin again.I appreciate any suggestions, thank you.

    ImageImage

    Please follow the post in Windows10 Hello Login Issue.

    This works and I have tested it

    I had exactly the same issue. Check if you have not other Microsoft Accounts connected.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-29T00:29:37+00:00

    You weren't much help here. You posted info for fingerprint login problems but people are asking for help with their PIN.  I can't do anything on this computer now because I don't know the PIN and I am locked out from changing it. If you have a heart, re-post the proper procedure!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-23T10:45:15+00:00

    damnded same the problem need help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-08T14:46:48+00:00

    I know that this is an old issue, but there are a lot of bad answers here.

    If you are getting this error you are likely restricted by a domain (corporate/school) policy. As long as you have administrative rights on your system, do the following:

    Hold down the Windows Key and the letter R to get a Run dialog.

    Type gpedit.msc <enter>

    On the left side browse to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon

    Double click option near the top on the right for "Turn on convenience PIN sign-in"

    This will allow you to use a 6 digit pin. I don't see how to reduce it to a 4 digit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T07:27:52+00:00

    gpedit.msc is not available on Windows 10 Home license.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments