It worked but it won't let me make a 4 digit code and change back from a local administrator.
Windows Hello Pin (This option is currently unavailable)
Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says (This option is currently unavailable) and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says I need to sign in again and I did until it asked for the pin which I forgot.How can I fix this so I can turn it back to normal where there are no windows hello and I can reset the pin again.I appreciate any suggestions, thank you.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-01-27T07:31:15+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-01-28T10:52:00+00:00 Hi ZAV2007,
I think your solution may help me - but when I click 'Disconnect' on the work/ school account the following message comes up (see screenshot below). This scares me (!) as I do NOT want to remove the account or lose any of its resources
such as emails etc., Still want to be able to access work account but without it controlling my device and preventing me setting up a Windows Hello PIN on my personal account.
Any thoughts?? Can't believe Microsoft make this so difficult for us.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2021-02-12T11:35:29+00:00 THANK YOU for the help, I was trying to figure this out for about a month.
-
Anonymous
2021-02-18T06:27:49+00:00 None worked, actually. Just reset the pin when you lock your PC - choose "i forgot my pin".
changed it to my preferred. no issues after.