Windows Hello Pin (This option is currently unavailable)

Anonymous
2020-05-11T16:55:59+00:00

Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says (This option is currently unavailable) and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says I need to sign in again and I did until it asked for the pin which I forgot.How can I fix this so I can turn it back to normal where there are no windows hello and I can reset the pin again.I appreciate any suggestions, thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-11T06:53:45+00:00

    finally solved . removing my school/work account solved all my problems even windows defender didn't work due to some restrictions laid by the school/work account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-11T08:26:08+00:00

    finally solved . removing my school/work account solved all my problems even windows defender didn't work due to some restrictions laid by the school/work account. 

    Okay so I just did the same and ofcourse it worked. I remember when I opened my laptop this morning, windows wanted me to change my PIN code and it was saying something related to my organization(school). I didn't read the whole message tho, but I was like "umm what do you mean my organization wants me to change my PIN?..."

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-24T11:02:46+00:00

    You really are dense, don't send people down a rabbit hole that won't help them, and only make their problem all the more frustrating

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-02T07:33:49+00:00

    This is my exact problem.. right after trying windows + L and I only want a 4 digit pin.. still haven't found a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-04T23:28:48+00:00

    I did not have a work or school account listed. I actually had to add my work account, then remove it again. After I did this, I was given the ability to remove the PIN. What a horridly insidious feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments