Windows Hello Pin (This option is currently unavailable)

Anonymous
2020-05-11T16:55:59+00:00

Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says (This option is currently unavailable) and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says I need to sign in again and I did until it asked for the pin which I forgot.How can I fix this so I can turn it back to normal where there are no windows hello and I can reset the pin again.I appreciate any suggestions, thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-20T09:16:01+00:00

    i have the same problem with all options unavailable. was able to change my pin by clicking on the option and choosing remove. Then windows + L key to go out, and you can choose a pin to re-enter.

    my problem is how to change the pin complexity since i only wanted a 4 digit code instead of the 6 which it now ask.

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-22T03:52:27+00:00

    same here i forgot my pin and not able to change it.. but iam able to login with my fingerprint. any workaround?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-23T06:55:54+00:00

    I was able to get mi pin to work simply by going to settings->accounts->your info->then click on sign in with a local account instead then after i complete that restart laptop repeat the process, settings->accounts->your info->then sign in with microsoft account after you do so itll ask if you want to set up face recognition then will ask to set up a pin. This worked for me i dont know if it will for anyone else having this issue doesnt hurt to try i know how annoying it is!

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-23T07:52:43+00:00

    will try thank you :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-23T23:40:41+00:00

    Any luck?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments