Windows Hello Pin (This option is currently unavailable)

Anonymous
2020-05-11T16:55:59+00:00

Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says (This option is currently unavailable) and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says I need to sign in again and I did until it asked for the pin which I forgot.How can I fix this so I can turn it back to normal where there are no windows hello and I can reset the pin again.I appreciate any suggestions, thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-11T17:04:12+00:00

    Hi RyanColt,

    I'm Paul, a Microsoft Community Member. I hope I can help you with your concern.

    Please check this article from helpdeskgeek.com and follow the given solutions.

    https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-fix-...

    I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.


    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites.

    The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-19T16:10:56+00:00

    I have just the same issue on Windows 10 Home version 1909. It worked for a long time. We talking about the PIN code.

    Any idea to solve ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T15:54:49+00:00

    This link is for fingerprint recognition, not pin.

    Was this answer helpful?

    200+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-16T21:31:45+00:00

    This was an absolute waste of my time. I have a PC, not a laptop. I want to turn on Windows Hello so that I can use a PIN, which the computer repeatedly asks for. Would someone actually answer the question?

    Was this answer helpful?

    200+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments