Windows Hello Pin (This option is currently unavailable)

Anonymous
2020-05-11T16:55:59+00:00

Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says (This option is currently unavailable) and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says I need to sign in again and I did until it asked for the pin which I forgot.How can I fix this so I can turn it back to normal where there are no windows hello and I can reset the pin again.I appreciate any suggestions, thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-11T08:26:08+00:00

    finally solved . removing my school/work account solved all my problems even windows defender didn't work due to some restrictions laid by the school/work account. 

    Okay so I just did the same and ofcourse it worked. I remember when I opened my laptop this morning, windows wanted me to change my PIN code and it was saying something related to my organization(school). I didn't read the whole message tho, but I was like "umm what do you mean my organization wants me to change my PIN?..."

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-11T06:53:45+00:00

    finally solved . removing my school/work account solved all my problems even windows defender didn't work due to some restrictions laid by the school/work account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-11T06:36:16+00:00

    I was able to get mi pin to work simply by going to settings->accounts->your info->then click on sign in with a local account instead then after i complete that restart laptop repeat the process, settings->accounts->your info->then sign in with microsoft account after you do so itll ask if you want to set up face recognition then will ask to set up a pin. This worked for me i dont know if it will for anyone else having this issue doesnt hurt to try i know how annoying it is!

    So I tried your method, because I just found out my PIN is not available. And well, I don't really know what I'm doing wrong, but everytime I get to the step screened below, I just can't log in. I tried every possible password that I used to log in to my laptop, the microsoft account password as well, also I resetted it 3 times just to make sure, but nothing works. It's just dumb..

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-09T14:00:17+00:00

    Glad to hear!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-09T10:30:14+00:00

    This worked perfectly for me.  As soon as I switched back to my Microsoft account, I was prompted for Hello face recognition and pin.  Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments