Windows Hello Pin (This option is currently unavailable)

Anonymous
2020-05-11T16:55:59+00:00

Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says (This option is currently unavailable) and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says I need to sign in again and I did until it asked for the pin which I forgot.How can I fix this so I can turn it back to normal where there are no windows hello and I can reset the pin again.I appreciate any suggestions, thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-28T10:52:00+00:00

    Hi ZAV2007,

    I think your solution may help me - but when I click 'Disconnect' on the work/ school account the following message comes up (see screenshot below). This scares me (!) as I do NOT want to remove the account or lose any of its resources

    such as emails etc., Still want to be able to access work account but without it controlling my device and preventing me setting up a Windows Hello PIN on my personal account. 

    Any thoughts??  Can't believe Microsoft make this so difficult for us.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-27T07:31:15+00:00

    It worked but it won't let me make a 4 digit code and change back from a local administrator.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-24T11:09:58+00:00

    Hello [shivendra],

    Recently even I had the same Problem. There is a simple fix for this if you are in a school or work in a place where you have a Microsoft 365 student account for Microsoft Word, Excel etc You might have allowed your organisation to manage your device that means your work or school account has been connected to your desktop but there is nothing to worry about.

    This is how to disconnect the school account and enable windows hello:-

    1. Go to Change account Settings
    2. Click on this button.👇

    Then click on the Work or school account and click on Disconnect.

    Then go to sign-in options. There you go Problem solved now you can use Windows Hello Pin, Fingerprint and Face but the next time you open a Microsoft app It will show you that you are logged out. There is nothing to worry about it just login again and this time make sure to uncheck the allow my organisation to manage my device Box and click on No Sign in to this app only and there you go all done. IF THERE IS ANY PROBLEM IN THIS PROCESS DO REPLY I WILL MAKE SURE TO HELP YOU

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-24T11:04:09+00:00

    Hello RyanColt,

    Recently even I had the same Problem. There is a simple fix for this if you are in a school or work in a place where you have a Microsoft 365 student account for Microsoft Word, Excel etc You might have allowed your organisation to manage your device that means your work or school account has been connected to your desktop but there is nothing to worry about.

    This is how to disconnect the school account and enable windows hello:-

    1. Go to Change account Settings
    2. Click on this button.👇

    Image

    Then click on the Work or school account and click on Disconnect.

    Then go to sign-in options. There you go Problem solved now you can use Windows Hello Pin, Fingerprint and Face but the next time you open a Microsoft app It will show you that you are logged out. There is nothing to worry about it just login again and this time make sure to uncheck the allow my organisation to manage my device Box and click on No Sign in to this app only and there you go all done. IF THERE IS ANY PROBLEM IN THIS PROCESS DO REPLY I WILL MAKE SURE TO HELP YOU

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-16T20:10:14+00:00

     Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says (This option is currently unavailable) and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says I need to sign in again and I did until it asked for the pin which I forgot.How can I fix this so I can turn it back to normal where there are no windows hello and I can reset the pin again.I appreciate any suggestions, thank you.

    ImageImage

    Hi dear Microsoft

    there is something went wrong, when I want password with my fingerprint or my face it always tell me could not find  scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint.

    please help me

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments