Windows Hello Pin (This option is currently unavailable)

Anonymous
2020-05-11T16:55:59+00:00

Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says (This option is currently unavailable) and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says I need to sign in again and I did until it asked for the pin which I forgot.How can I fix this so I can turn it back to normal where there are no windows hello and I can reset the pin again.I appreciate any suggestions, thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-16T12:06:45+00:00

    Thanks, this is resolved my problem!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-27T20:16:04+00:00

    Yeah  this  is  just  for  fingerprint  and  still  doesn't  explain  when  these  features  are  "currently  unavailable". This  needs  to  be  fixed  as I  can't constantly  have  to  do  through  processes  to  get into  my  laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T07:27:52+00:00

    gpedit.msc is not available on Windows 10 Home license.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-08T14:46:48+00:00

    I know that this is an old issue, but there are a lot of bad answers here.

    If you are getting this error you are likely restricted by a domain (corporate/school) policy. As long as you have administrative rights on your system, do the following:

    Hold down the Windows Key and the letter R to get a Run dialog.

    Type gpedit.msc <enter>

    On the left side browse to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon

    Double click option near the top on the right for "Turn on convenience PIN sign-in"

    This will allow you to use a 6 digit pin. I don't see how to reduce it to a 4 digit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-23T10:45:15+00:00

    damnded same the problem need help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments