Windows Hello Pin (This option is currently unavailable)

Anonymous
2020-05-11T16:55:59+00:00

Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says (This option is currently unavailable) and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says I need to sign in again and I did until it asked for the pin which I forgot.How can I fix this so I can turn it back to normal where there are no windows hello and I can reset the pin again.I appreciate any suggestions, thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T07:27:52+00:00

    gpedit.msc is not available on Windows 10 Home license.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-29T00:29:37+00:00

    You weren't much help here. You posted info for fingerprint login problems but people are asking for help with their PIN.  I can't do anything on this computer now because I don't know the PIN and I am locked out from changing it. If you have a heart, re-post the proper procedure!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-28T10:52:00+00:00

    Hi ZAV2007,

    I think your solution may help me - but when I click 'Disconnect' on the work/ school account the following message comes up (see screenshot below). This scares me (!) as I do NOT want to remove the account or lose any of its resources

    such as emails etc., Still want to be able to access work account but without it controlling my device and preventing me setting up a Windows Hello PIN on my personal account. 

    Any thoughts??  Can't believe Microsoft make this so difficult for us.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-03T04:09:56+00:00

    Thank you so much!  This finally worked!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-09T10:30:14+00:00

    This worked perfectly for me.  As soon as I switched back to my Microsoft account, I was prompted for Hello face recognition and pin.  Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments