Windows Hello Pin (This option is currently unavailable)

Anonymous
2020-05-11T16:55:59+00:00

Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says (This option is currently unavailable) and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says I need to sign in again and I did until it asked for the pin which I forgot.How can I fix this so I can turn it back to normal where there are no windows hello and I can reset the pin again.I appreciate any suggestions, thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-08T14:46:48+00:00

    I know that this is an old issue, but there are a lot of bad answers here.

    If you are getting this error you are likely restricted by a domain (corporate/school) policy. As long as you have administrative rights on your system, do the following:

    Hold down the Windows Key and the letter R to get a Run dialog.

    Type gpedit.msc <enter>

    On the left side browse to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon

    Double click option near the top on the right for "Turn on convenience PIN sign-in"

    This will allow you to use a 6 digit pin. I don't see how to reduce it to a 4 digit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-29T15:43:21+00:00

    Paul Navera, this was very unhelpful. Can you provide a link that actually leads to a solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-11T06:36:16+00:00

    I was able to get mi pin to work simply by going to settings->accounts->your info->then click on sign in with a local account instead then after i complete that restart laptop repeat the process, settings->accounts->your info->then sign in with microsoft account after you do so itll ask if you want to set up face recognition then will ask to set up a pin. This worked for me i dont know if it will for anyone else having this issue doesnt hurt to try i know how annoying it is!

    So I tried your method, because I just found out my PIN is not available. And well, I don't really know what I'm doing wrong, but everytime I get to the step screened below, I just can't log in. I tried every possible password that I used to log in to my laptop, the microsoft account password as well, also I resetted it 3 times just to make sure, but nothing works. It's just dumb..

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-25T05:48:33+00:00

    I have just the same issue on Windows 10 pro version 1909. It worked for a long time. We talking about the Fingerprint 

    Any idea to solve ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-23T07:52:43+00:00

    will try thank you :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments